GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which bulb is this?

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Hi, Guys.

I had a tail light go out recently, and before I just pull the whole tail light assembly out, I'd like to know if someone here already knows which actual bulb powers the light that went out on my car.

Please look at the following picture.

Ignore the text from the image I found in Google. The arrow I added points to the inside of the circle on the left tail light. This is the light that went out.

Please look at the following picture.

The bulb harness should look something like the above picture.
There are 3 different bulb slots there. One is missing in the picture above, a blade-type "parking" light.

Does anyone know which of these bulbs is responsible for the light pointed out in the first image?

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
It looks like either a 7440 - single filament circuit or a 7443 - dual filament circuit.
The only other lamps of this kind are 3156 (single) and 3157 (dual) but their bases are a black plastic not the glass of the 74's.
Personally, I think it's the counterpart to the two crescent lens which is the bulb near your wedding ring in the photo. That would make it a 7440 most likely.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Thanks! Turned out to be a 7460, and I replaced it already. I used the old bulb as a model to see what to replace it with.
It looks like either a 7440 - single filament circuit or a 7443 - dual filament circuit.
The only other lamps of this kind are 3156 (single) and 3157 (dual) but their bases are a black plastic not the glass of the 74's.
Personally, I think it's the counterpart to the two crescent lens which is the bulb near your wedding ring in the photo. That would make it a 7440 most likely.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk