GOLFMKV

Official Random Thought Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbghms

Crubs fents brushes
Car(s)
09 CW rabbit
I always thought people blew animal planets animal fucking content out of proportion. Well i randomly switched to animal planet, which i never watch, and immediatly see a bear mounting another bear. The bear humps and i figure the coast is clear. No. Another bear comes around and goes for sloppy seconds. Alright that little bear slut must be all banged out, right? No. A third bear comes around and they bang in the woods. I now know to continue not watching animal planet.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
how many off topic chat threads do we need? i mean really, a general one, one if your a kid in school, one if your working, one to get someone to go to h20, one if your unemployed . enough already.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
how many off topic chat threads do we need? i mean really, a general one, one if your a kid in school, one if your working, one to get someone to go to h20, one if your unemployed . enough already.

You forgot the one you should be posting that in.... The "You know what grinds my gears?" thread

Problem?

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
Why is my family so dumb?

I see on sister's facebook that she's taking the train home from college and then going on a 3 hour road trip to see her friend at another college. (6 hour round trip for you non-mathy people like myself.)

I know for a fact that 30,000 miles has come and gone with no service and we might even be up at 31 at this point, and she just doesn't even think this is an issue. DOES NO ONE IN THIS WORLD KNOW WHAT OIL IS AND HOW IT WORKS?!?! I told her no way. If that car seizes from lack of oil in the middle of nowhere in upstate NY, I know for a fact they won't honor warranty because we essentially skipped a service, and God knows how much it will cost to tow and fix.

My brother goes home and drives the car pretty much every other weekend. I have to imagine the service notification is blaring in his face...how has he not done it? Everyone thinks the thing runs on hopes and dreams.

I'm rarely home these days...been giving serious thought to parting her out getting my cash and telling my brother and sister to just enjoy the car and I'll stick to my bicycle in Boston. It's just too much of a headache and I don't want to be stuck with service costs when they break something.

tl;dr - sister wants to go on a 6 hour road trip in the gti and we're already at least 1k miles overdue for an oil change. I'm worried the car will run out of oil.

utekineir

Banned
just 1k overdue?

if it burns oil like everyone else's and they keep it topped off theres plenty of fresh oil in there.

i've talked to people that have never changed their oil on cars they've owned for a couple years (including a mail carrier), or never checked it and end up being 3 quarts low, from here it looks like your siblings are the jay leno of auto neglect

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
I just read too many horror stories on here of people running out of oil. Also, she's going to be in the middle of nowhere for hours. maybe I just have her bring along an extra quart just in case?

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
do they check the oil? both fsi's i've taken care of need 1+ quarts between intervals,

+1. I went about 4,800 miles on my last interval before changing oil and mine used 1.5 quarts IIRC.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
they've never checked oil in their lives lol I think my brother knows where the dipstick is, but he wouldn't know what to do with it.

I'm just gonna walk her through how to check the oil then have her keep a spare quart in the trunk. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.