GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who's installed the GIAC 2.0T In-Tank Fuel Pump Upgrade?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I opted to go PM3 rather than GIAC's dual lpfp.

The PM3 helped raise and keep actual pressure above 4 bar with the tiring oem lpfp still installed. But the PM3 and oem controller works with the oem pump and the TTRS lpfp. You can wait and upgrade it to a TTRS when you see pressures drop below 4 bar. I plan to integrate the TTRS into the oem housing and sender when this happens because of the following.

The PM3 and oem controller will plug in to the TTRS upgrade...you just will not have correct fuel gauge readings with the TTRS sender installed. The readings will be slightly off...meaning it won't read completely full and may run empty when it sayd you have 10 or 15 miles to go. I found this out when I had the TTRS installed for a couple of years.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So any resolution to this?

I am going Revo stage 4 and everything is done minus the lpfp upgrade. I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.... Can I swap the lpfp with the TTRS pump leave the original control module and wire in the PM3 unit? This is supposed to be a "plug and play" solution just really can't find any confirmation

Here is a diagram from Torquebyte. Hopefully this will clarify how things are hooked up. Yes the OEM controller is still used for signal but not for current anymore. That signal is passed to the Torquebyte unit which replicates the signal and will now supply the current to the pump via its big fat wire connected directly to battery (max current).

Goodz

Ready to race!
I opted to go PM3 rather than GIAC's dual lpfp.

The PM3 helped raise and keep actual pressure above 4 bar with the tiring oem lpfp still installed. But the PM3 and oem controller works with the oem pump and the TTRS lpfp. You can wait and upgrade it to a TTRS when you see pressures drop below 4 bar. I plan to integrate the TTRS into the oem housing and sender when this happens because of the following.

The PM3 and oem controller will plug in to the TTRS upgrade...you just will not have correct fuel gauge readings with the TTRS sender installed. The readings will be slightly off...meaning it won't read completely full and may run empty when it sayd you have 10 or 15 miles to go. I found this out when I had the TTRS installed for a couple of years.

Are you unable to correct the fuel level issue with vagcom? There is an adaptation to change where the fuel meter sits. Or I'm guessing it's just not calibrated for mkv gti?

I'm too OCD to have my fuel level off, maybe I'll pick up the ttrs pump and another original pump and figure out how to fit it into the OE basket like you. If you have any insight into that process any info would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Goodz

Ready to race!
Here is a diagram from Torquebyte. Hopefully this will clarify how things are hooked up. Yes the OEM controller is still used for signal but not for current anymore. That signal is passed to the Torquebyte unit which replicates the signal and will now supply the current to the pump via its big fat wire connected directly to battery (max current).

Awesome, that's how I thought it all worked, sort of just needed the "yeah that's correct" from someone with experience.

Would it be at all possible to take power from my amp or the power cable ran for the amp? Don't feel like running another power cable haha.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI