GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Jeff, would you say the majority of people you rent to suck, or are people pretty good as a whole?

Everything comes down to screening.

In this state you have basically no legal protection against a shit tenant.

The majority of people that come out to look at places suck, the majority of people taken don't, but every year theres one or two scumbags that work their way in.

For example: Tenant doesn't pay, you give 14 day notice, after that 14 day notice is up a court date (you pay court/document fees and constable to serve) can be set up, usually its about 3+ weeks out. By that time the tenant now owes 2 months. By the time the ruling from the court case actually gets enforced its up to 3 months, and if they refuse to leave you have to pay for the eviction movers and storage. Of course the people are allowed to leave with whatever they want and are given notice well before hand so whats left in that situation is utter shit.

Then factor people looking for a lawsuit, people that piss off neighbors through the whole process of eviction, trash the place, or run up obscene ($1000+ month) water bills.

Also, usually the first tenant response after a 14 day notice is to break some things around the apartment, take down the smoke detectors and carbon monoxides then call the board of health. Which if you handle properly only gets you on a first name/casual email/call basis with the board of health inspectors. Sometimes you never find the detectors, sometimes they're found in a cabinet after the people are gone.

In the end everything boils down to screening, spotting a scumbag is the only hope you have to pay your own costs, let alone make a profit.

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
No actually my mkv got totaled (lady rear ended me), there was a thread abt it. After that bought a Tundra and was still on the forum for a long while. Then this forum started to suck; 1-performance 2-mods so I just kinda stopped coming on here. I keep in touch with the OGs on FB/Text & other.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
No actually my mkv got totaled (lady rear ended me), there was a thread abt it. After that bought a Tundra and was still on the forum for a long while. Then this forum started to suck; 1-performance 2-mods so I just kinda stopped coming on here. I keep in touch with the OGs on FB/Text & other.

I can attest, this place still pretty much sucks. Some of the OGs pop their head in every now and then, some hang around, but overall it's pretty bland. For a while there everyone was getting banned, but we've since got a mod thats on our side so its slowly coming back to what it used to be.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Everything comes down to screening.

In this state you have basically no legal protection against a shit tenant.

The majority of people that come out to look at places suck, the majority of people taken don't, but every year theres one or two scumbags that work their way in.

For example: Tenant doesn't pay, you give 14 day notice, after that 14 day notice is up a court date (you pay court/document fees and constable to serve) can be set up, usually its about 3+ weeks out. By that time the tenant now owes 2 months. By the time the ruling from the court case actually gets enforced its up to 3 months, and if they refuse to leave you have to pay for the eviction movers and storage. Of course the people are allowed to leave with whatever they want and are given notice well before hand so whats left in that situation is utter shit.

Then factor people looking for a lawsuit, people that piss off neighbors through the whole process of eviction, trash the place, or run up obscene ($1000+ month) water bills.

Also, usually the first tenant response after a 14 day notice is to break some things around the apartment, take down the smoke detectors and carbon monoxides then call the board of health. Which if you handle properly only gets you on a first name/casual email/call basis with the board of health inspectors. Sometimes you never find the detectors, sometimes they're found in a cabinet after the people are gone.

In the end everything boils down to screening, spotting a scumbag is the only hope you have to pay your own costs, let alone make a profit.

Wow...

also, $1000 water bill? How do you even do that?

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Wow...

also, $1000 water bill? How do you even do that?

Ask the people that were evicted last fall, iic one was about $1700, one was about $1100. And of course there is 0 recourse for that.

Last month the bill there (3 units) was $166.

Mostly, it just pisses me off that the state expects you to pay an income tax, yet does nothing to actually enable you to make a profit. A two way street is all I want.

Year+ back had to evict someone I liked because she took in her brother, gf and 3 small children into a spare room (<100sq ft) when they needed a place to go. He refused to leave and started causing problems, police/housing court would do nothing because he had been there over 2 weeks and legally counted as a tenant. Legally she couldn't even throw him out of the place she paid for.

Police basically said they used to remove guests that wouldn't leave like that but basically one went to court and won, so now they won't touch.

freshslate

Constant
nah jordan, if you decide on getting coils, fk highsports are where it's at. the ride is very very similar to stock. it only bounces if i hit a weird patch of pavement which has a dip down in it. other than that its peachy.

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
Ask the people that were evicted last fall, iic one was about $1700, one was about $1100. And of course there is 0 recourse for that.

Last month the bill there (3 units) was $166.

Mostly, it just pisses me off that the state expects you to pay an income tax, yet does nothing to actually enable you to make a profit. A two way street is all I want.

Year+ back had to evict someone I liked because she took in her brother, gf and 3 small children into a spare room (<100sq ft) when they needed a place to go. He refused to leave and started causing problems, police/housing court would do nothing because he had been there over 2 weeks and legally counted as a tenant. Legally she couldn't even throw him out of the place she paid for.

Police basically said they used to remove guests that wouldn't leave like that but basically one went to court and won, so now they won't touch.

Man, that's a tough business. Just about anything where you have to deal with people can get pretty messy. My parents own a fencing club (and I help them when I'm home) and what is supposed to be a fun activity for kids/adults can become complicated by pushy people (mostly parents).

The fencing club is quite a bit more tame probably, but dealing with people=mostly bad haha

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
After we were in our house for a year the land lord tried to raise the rent by $400/ month from $2,200 to $2,600. The rental market did inflate during that year but I was not willing to pay.

I invited the land lord over, showed him how we painted the bedrooms, and kept his house very clean and in great shape. He said "I'm sorry for bothering you." And left. We send a check every month for $2,200 and I haven't heard from him in 2 years since then. I'm a good tenant I guess and that was worth more than the extra rent.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Ready to race!
After we were in our house for a year the land lord tried to raise the rent by $400/ month from $2,200 to $2,600. The rental market did inflate during that year but I was not willing to pay.

I invited the land lord over, showed him how we painted the bedrooms, and kept his house very clean and in great shape. He said "I'm sorry for bothering you." And left. We send a check every month for $2,200 and I haven't heard from him in 2 years since then. I'm a good tenant I guess and that was worth more than the extra rent.

Not to get all up in your business, but at $2200/mo, why don't you own?

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
What's house average price around you Blaine,

300+ now ? 4-500 before crash?

Makes sense to split up cost with people for awhile.

I'm not an advocate for long term renting, but in given situations and when home prices are jacked it can make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.