GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

40,000 mile service?

yg17

Ready to race!
My 2009 GTI (manual) is coming up on 40,000 miles. The dealer quoted $600 for service, which seems outrageous. I don't have my manual in front of me right now, but I was looking over a list I found online for the 2007 GTI (probably not all that different even though it's FSI instead of TSI), and am wondering, how much of this stuff is really necessary?

Oil change - I need that.
Rotation - just got new tires a couple thousand miles ago, don't need that
Intake/pollen filter - replaced those on my own a couple months ago
Brake fluid flush - Need that too.

Then it seems like the rest of the list is inspecting stuff. Crap like "Check windshield washer fluid level" Duh. I think my mother who's probably never looked under a hood in her life could do that. "Inspect wiper blades" - I replaced those. "Road test - check a/c, power accessories" It's 100 f'ing degrees outside, I'd know if the AC wasn't working.

So how much do I really need to do? It seems like I could just do an oil change and brake flush, or is there something in the list that I'm missing that needs to be done? Thanks

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
600 is way steep, you don't even have DSG. I do and I paid around 400 for mine. Shop around at other dealerships :iono:

change the oil and bleed your own brakes. costs around 40-50 bucks and 2 hrs of your time. if you wanna go REALLY crazy, bleed the clutch when you bleed your brakes. its only 10 more min of your time.

nukta90

Ready to race!
cost me about 320 at my dealer....600 is outrageous!