GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

T-Boned

TornadoFast09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MkV GTI
but technically we do not have frames, so therefore they can fix a unibody structure cant they? i dont know

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
hmm seems like I just have to wait for the adjuster...

Just for reference Geico is VERY SLOW! Nice customer service but if this does turn out to be a repair job I can see this lasting weeks even months...grrr.

Silentpirate

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 GTI
man that reallyyy sucks

a drunk driver hit my xterra the other night as well (the GTI is garage kept) but good luck it doesnt look like its totaled if there is no frame dmg but i doubt there is

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
but technically we do not have frames, so therefore they can fix a unibody structure cant they? i dont know

there are components that are more/less vital to the overall structure of the car. when people refer to "frame" in a unibody they are speaking of the more vital supporting components.

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
that sucks man. it is going to be expensive i got a small side sqipe barely noticable its running me rougly 1000. nothing like that. the qp is welded onto the car so it would have to be removed and a new one would have to be put on, and your lucky if the frame isn't bent, plus new molding, new sideskirt, door, plus about $40+ for labor $30+ for paint...its gunna be a pretty penny.

GermanInfluence

Ready to race!
Go to your local Porche/Lambo/(insert highline car here) dealership. Ask them what body shop they use.

Chances are it'll be the most expensive body shop in the area.

Tvp125

Ready to race!
My sister was hit in the side of her Scion TC and it looked alot worse. did 8K worth of damage they didnt total it.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
man that reallyyy sucks

a drunk driver hit my xterra the other night as well (the GTI is garage kept) but good luck it doesnt look like its totaled if there is no frame dmg but i doubt there is

Like me...Jeep Wrangler stays out...GTI parked inside the garage...:wub:

GeauxGTI

GeauxGTI
Dude that sux but glad you're ok. The real part that blows is that it will show up on your carfax and if you ever try to sell the car you will have to discount it extremely and still might not be able to sell it. If you can get it totaled somehow it seems to me that would be the best option by far. Not sure how the insurance adjusters determine that or do they leave it to the body shops to determine?

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Tell your insurance company "your welcome".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rear...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

:bellyroll:

Seriously, BOL with the solution.

this is almost exactly what the will do. Happened to my wife's old rabbit. They bought a shell, cut out the half of the rear qtr panel/sail and welded it into place on her car. problem is they didn't smooth the welds down very well and painted it too soon afterwards. the paint bubbled horribly so we traded it on a Touareg.

your car is almost def fixable. which sucks worse than the accident.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
this is almost exactly what the will do. Happened to my wife's old rabbit. They bought a shell, cut out the half of the rear qtr panel/sail and welded it into place on her car. problem is they didn't smooth the welds down very well and painted it too soon afterwards. the paint bubbled horribly so we traded it on a Touareg.

your car is almost def fixable. which sucks worse than the accident.

ahh, this is terrible news...oh well