GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

T-Boned

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
just wrote mine off same typer of thing driver ran a red. $15K+ in damage.

Attachments

• Bmo-0004.jpg
    Bmo-0004.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 788

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
side airbags didn't go off, I was surprised. The speed limit on her road was 30, and she made absolutely NO attempt to stop at the sign so I just assumed that she was going ~30.

just wrote mine off same typer of thing driver ran a red. $15K+ in damage.

ah yes encouragement! Perfect excuse to get a 335:bellyroll:

take a sledge hammer to it before the adjuster comes.

I was seriously thinking about that, haha. Probably not a good idea though.

Gyntry

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
Damn, this makes me feel better about being hit in the parking lot the other day. $4000 worth of dmg here.

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
You definitely don't want to try to get more $$ out of by hitting with a hammer, adjusters are not retarded.

Quarter panels aren't hard to fix, a good body shop can just cut it off, and weld it back up. If they're a real good body shop, they'll glue it in.

A new/used door, qp, wheel, repair the side skirt, ans new moldings is probably the extent of what will have to happen. I doubt any axle/frame damage from that. The red paint will probably cost you around double for the refinishing though haha.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Im not REALLY going to hit it with a sledge hammer. But I'm hoping its totaled, the cars resale value as of now is about 14k-19k and there needs to be 75% of that value to be considered a total loss, which comes out to around 10.5k-14k, which is maybe possible?

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Im not REALLY going to hit it with a sledge hammer. But I'm hoping its totaled, the cars resale value as of now is about 14k-19k and there needs to be 75% of that value to be considered a total loss, which comes out to around 10.5k-14k, which is maybe possible?

no way.
I wish you luck in your wishes man, but 6k damage MAX. (but thats at first glance. I mean your airbags didn't even go off to add to the cost!!)

Gyntry

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2012 Golf R
Ouch, what part of the car was damaged?

Rear bumper and quarter panel, some suspension damage, and bent some metal in against the rear tire as well. All on the driver's side. She was using my apartment building's lot as a through street, doing prolly 15-20mph.

Maco

Ready to race!
you got frame damage and chassis bent ?? consider it totalled...insurance are not likely to fix a car that have frame damage...it may not look that bad, but if you take it to an expensive body shop or authorizes VW body shop, the adjustors initial assesment will drastically go up on his 2nd assesment.. the body shop will tally up a more accurate estimate and insurance will total it.