GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

all about fashion? R20 vs R32

medingen

R32 ... my wifes car :)
I am a happy R32 customer ... I like my lamps as they are ... no need to look like an Audi. I like my rounded shape ... most antique and sexy cars are rounded and the R20 imho is too edgy and agressive looking. Yes, R20 has more power ... but than I do not race, have never used the extra start procedure to show off, and just enjoy ample power without FWD torque steer and the extra security in the wet and on dicy road conditions. It is a great car as is: Enjoy and relax :smile:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Where's that "cool story, bro" pic... :rolleyes:

DivineStrike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Black Magic GTI
not this guy lol... I go through cycles in what I want for my next car. Been debating R20, or the SC 2009 S4 as a replacement in a couple years since depreciation for audi's is awesome for used buyers. Or just get a truck as a second vehicle and buy toys that require more than a 2k towing capacity ;-)

Back2VW

LOL WUT
I love the Automatic transmission on the R32. :wink:

BTW for all the "startup dance" is some cool light show needle thrash thing upon start up. Like defi gauges.

I havent seen it myself but have heard it mentioned in some UK reviews.

wale

Go Kart Champion
whats really the point of this thread? is it just another 2.0t vs vr6 argument? cause to be honest, there is nothing left to argue about, the golf r has a better powerplant and the r32 has a better engine note... the r is an all round improvement over the r32, and with all the climate shit nd rising gas prices, downsizing nd forced induction is just the way to go...
yeah the r does sound glorious but do u buy a car just for the sound? there is no point having the meanest bark, if u bite like a little byach...