GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front bra for our Mk V?

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
It's not on VW's DriverGear site so I'm assuming there's no official one out. Is there an aftermarket solution? I'm going on a road trip next week and I'm afraid to see what the front of my car will look like after the 6 hour drive :frown:

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
i was planning on getting xpel for my mk5.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I have to tell you BRA's capture dirt and the clear Bra 3M creat lines in the paint over time.

ACgolf

Formula One Champion
i am actually thinking about getting those traditional black leather bras, for like long road trips or drives on the highway. Those are the only bras that will actually WORK i think...

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Wild Hare said:
I have to tell you BRA's capture dirt and the clear Bra 3M creat lines in the paint over time.

Nothing a good buffing can't fix though, right?

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Wild Hare said:

So we're doomed until force fields from the Enterprise are invented. :laugh:
Well I have a clear bra on the S4 for the past 4 years with no ill effects. And it's driven daily in snow, salt, acidic bugs conditions. No lines in the paint, no yellowing etc. No opinions here, only verifiable facts :thumbsup:

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Auf Wiedersehen! said:
It's not on VW's DriverGear site so I'm assuming there's no official one out. Is there an aftermarket solution? I'm going on a road trip next week and I'm afraid to see what the front of my car will look like after the 6 hour drive :frown:

Best option is to just leave the car alone. Any other solution either looks bad and/or damages the paint finish more than without.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
NorthGTI said:
Best option is to just leave the car alone. Any other solution either looks bad and/or damages the paint finish more than without.

bilbos said:
Women wear bras, not cars :smile:

kirk180 said:

I think I can handle having the bra on the car for 3 days if it will save it from a plethora of paint chips, bugs, and debris. Like I said, it's a temporary solution for road trips; I'm not going to be sporting it every day. Try driving from Miami to Orlando and back, and let me know what your opinion is on car bras again :wink:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Auf Wiedersehen! said:
I think I can handle having the bra on the car for 3 days if it will save it from a plethora of paint chips, bugs, and debris. Like I said, it's a temporary solution for road trips; I'm not going to be sporting it every day. Try driving from Miami to Orlando and back, and let me know what your opinion is on car bras again :wink:

thank you lord...if its only for the long road trips, then get an old black leather one...they wont hurt the paint