GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel cuts

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I would wait until the new controller is installed because if the current controller is failing...it is not providing proper amperage or PW signal. So feed the lpfp properly and then check the lpfp data. When all looks great...reinstall the seat and be done.

Log the data; group 231 when engine is warmed fully(at least 80°C). If actual pressure drops below 4 bar, replace the lpfp. You'll see the duty remain high into the 90% and actual drops eventually ending below 4 bar....it, the lpfp, is done.

kev1n333

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m getting minor fuel cuts with the low fuel regulation soft code. They only occur after hours of continuous driving.
Car is an ‘07 gti with 92k miles, Giac stage x(1) with a few bolt ons. Hpfp is stock and cam follower was changed 10k miles ago and checked 5k miles ago. I’d be very surprised if it were in poor condition because the coating was fine 5k miles ago. Fuel filter was replaced last week, I also replaced the low pressure sensor on the hpfp.
My concern now is on the hpfp or lpfp. I think the cause may be a slightly worn hpfp plunger tip or the lpfp is overheating due to the long drives. Each time I’ve gotten them it’s been after 3 hours of continuous driving and ambient temp was over 80°. Never got a solid or flashing cel, only the soft codes. What confuses me is how they’re so intermittent and the car is perfectly fine while driving unless its for an extended amount of time(over 3 hours). Any recommendations for parts to check/replace would be nice. My next move is to log fuel data and see what isn’t matching up
Check the low pressure fuel fuel pump control module it is right on top of your low pressure fuel pump

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

M0riarty

I would wait until the new controller is installed because if the current controller is failing...it is not providing proper amperage or PW signal. So feed the lpfp properly and then check the lpfp data. When all looks great...reinstall the seat and be done.

Log the data; group 231 when engine is warmed fully(at least 80°C). If actual pressure drops below 4 bar, replace the lpfp. You'll see the duty remain high into the 90% and actual drops eventually ending below 4 bar....it, the lpfp, is done.

I was experiencing this same issue of fuel cuts after several hours of driving (in the South, usually in warm/hot temps). Replaced the controller with the newest revision - problem still persisted. Finally replaced the whole LPFP assembly several months later, and it hasn't happened since. I was over 150K so I think it's just from wear and tear on the pump at that point.

Soysauce

Nooob
Car(s)
'07 Gti
Drove home(4.5 hour drive) yesterday with an ice pack resting on the controller and didn’t get any fuel cuts, ambient temp was 82°F. The pump controller was pretty darn warm though. Just installed the new controller. I plan on taking logs of group 231 later and will report back

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Just dug this up because of a non-frequent issue I'm having I think might be the fuel module.
Longer drives with outside temps of 99+degrees I'll get fuel cuts...or more accurately feels like no fuel delivery. Most recently this past weekend during a 3 hour drive during the heat of the day... and only after an hour of driving (I-40). Outside temps were reading 99-100degrees. Decided to take a lunch break to let things cool off. Car was then fine the remainder of the drive (rain storm mid 70s then no higher than 94dgrees).

I've got the module from my 08 I'll swap in but it'll be a few weeks before I take a longer drive again...so will see.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Just dug this up because of a non-frequent issue I'm having I think might be the fuel module.
Longer drives with outside temps of 99+degrees I'll get fuel cuts...or more accurately feels like no fuel delivery. Most recently this past weekend during a 3 hour drive during the heat of the day... and only after an hour of driving (I-40). Outside temps were reading 99-100degrees. Decided to take a lunch break to let things cool off. Car was then fine the remainder of the drive (rain storm mid 70s then no higher than 94dgrees).

I've got the module from my 08 I'll swap in but it'll be a few weeks before I take a longer drive again...so will see.

I've actually almost finished up plug and play version of my old wiring extension kit if you are interested

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I've actually almost finished up plug and play version of my old wiring extension kit if you are interested
How much? Might be interested. I'm getting my suspension look at this afternoon. Thing I fudged up something coming through Raleigh NC.. lol. If it's not to bad $$$ I'll get back to you

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk