GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ultimate Brake Upgrade using Stock Calipers

iSac54

Car(s)
mkv GTI
You can get them through online dealer such as Vivid Racing. Get mxrs pads if they have them. I used them on my Golf R calipers.

First off thanks for the help guys :thumbsup: but I was wondering if the mxrs pads fit the stock calipers? I thought they were for the R/R32 calipers and the mx-72's were for the stock calipers. And BTW on nengun's website is the correct part number EIP122 for the front set of pads? I thought that the pads ran for a lot more than that.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
First off thanks for the help guys :thumbsup: but I was wondering if the mxrs pads fit the stock calipers? I thought they were for the R/R32 calipers and the mx-72's were for the stock calipers. And BTW on nengun's website is the correct part number EIP122 for the front set of pads? I thought that the pads ran for a lot more than that.

MX72 and MXRS are pad compounds. The MXRS are slightly more aggressive but both are great for street use and light track duty.

EIP122 is the shape you order for stock GTI fronts and then you pick compound. (ie EIP122MX72 is what you would see on the box)

Back in 2013 when I purchased my MX72 pads for my front stock GTI calipers MXRS compound was not yet available in EIP122 form.

Later on when I moved up to R Brakes I found that they did have MXRS pads for them.

Now I am moving up to Brembos front and rear and will probably run Endless pads front and rear but this time it will be trackpads.

iSac54

Car(s)
mkv GTI
Thank you so much for the help guys, placed my order last night! Might take a bit for everything to come in but I'll be sure to let you know how it all works out once its all on the car!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thank you so much for the help guys, placed my order last night! Might take a bit for everything to come in but I'll be sure to let you know how it all works out once its all on the car!

You will really like them and I found that they wear well.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Did you go for the TyrolSport bushings? I swear they are half the reason for great wear, pedal feel, and low noise.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Hey just curious if you ordered Endless MX-72 from Nengun? If so how long did it take to receive the pads? I ordered a front and rear set for my other vehicle on Monday.

The Tyrolsport caliper bushings and braided stainless steel lines came in today. :happyanim:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I ordered a set of new Zimmerman blank rotors, Carbotech XP8 pads, and Tyrolsport caliper bushings. Pretty excited to see how the XP8's are. I already have newer ATE blue (eurocars had leftover unopened cans of it), SS lines all around, and HPS pads out back.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
I ordered a set of new Zimmerman blank rotors, Carbotech XP8 pads, and Tyrolsport caliper bushings. Pretty excited to see how the XP8's are. I already have newer ATE blue (eurocars had leftover unopened cans of it), SS lines all around, and HPS pads out back.

Tyrolsport FTW! How much were the pads?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Tyrolsport FTW! How much were the pads?

About $170 after tax from THMotorsports. Though some have said to go with G LOC pads (the owners of Carbotech left to go to G LOC). We'll see. It's not a daily and I think I'll be much happier with them than the HPS pads.