GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV GTI Front Bumper/Grill Fit Issues?

smokey26_02

Ready to race!
Let my little brother my gti for 2 months or so while he saved up to purchase another car as his took a dump. Unfortunately he hit at like 3mph a tow hitch on a truck and now I have damage to my car. Was wondering if anyone has any cheap links on where to get what i need to replace from the attached picture. I have the VW mid emblem that he picked up. I think i only need the bumper and grill, the hood, I'll mash it back.

This is what I found no ebay cheap as hell, http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-09-VW-MK...RIM-/191871944179?vxp=mtr&hash=item2cac7585f3

The disclaimer is as follows: Uses your original mount points - great fit and finish. This is the Euro-spec version - it is shorter, so you may have to trim your bumper support foam. Plus, no side reflectors for a cleaner look!

Is that a lot of work to do to make it fit?

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3499 (1).JPG
    IMG_3499 (1).JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 219

slowgti08

Ready to race!
I was looking at the same one according to the seller it will " not fit a GTI " only "RABBIT AND JETTA MODELS "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Nope, I was hoping the same I don't see why it wouldn't fit as they all share the same front. But I also don't want to be a guinea pig

smokey26_02

Ready to race!
Nope, I was hoping the same I don't see why it wouldn't fit as they all share the same front. But I also don't want to be a guinea pig

I talked to my mechanic and he said he can make it work, he will need to trim some of the bumper foam in the front and he says it will work.

I share the same feeling with you, I don't want to be the Guinea pig either.

Going to call a few local junk yards to see if I can pick up what I need for similar price or less, if I can't I'll be the Guinea pig in a month or so