GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P310b code - already changed pressure sensor

ktlstar

Mine has been occuring for a while however i thought i fixed it by changing the fuel filter. Then it happened 4 months down the line. I changed the in tank pump with a second hand one and it sorted it out until yesterday it came back on. You can see by the logs the lpfp is dropping to 3 bar from 4.5 Cam follower is no sign of wear. 27k miles on the clock.

I am ordering a new fuel pump latest revision is "c" i think ?

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
i replaced the G410 sensor and only when i removed the auto-tech piston kit from the HPFP the car back to normal
i checked if my camshaft was not the rev B but it turned out to be the same camshaft auto-tech recommends to use with their kit, unfortunately i have re-flashed to stage 2 and car runs fine so far. i still didn't understand why the car refuses the kit when installed

laurentl13320

Passed Driver's Ed
i replaced the G410 sensor and only when i removed the auto-tech piston kit from the HPFP the car back to normal
i checked if my camshaft was not the rev B but it turned out to be the same camshaft auto-tech recommends to use with their kit, unfortunately i have re-flashed to stage 2 and car runs fine so far. i still didn't understand why the car refuses the kit when installed

I have the same problem on my gti early 2008 fsi, car would stall with internals or even ie pretested pump. I replaced all fuel items nothing changed. Only back to stock internals car is okay.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
I had these code a while back... change hpfp, lpfp, and that pressure sensor on even the new hpfp...

Ended up the low pressure line to the hpfp was degraded/clogged and was putting the car into limp mode anything over about 2800 rpms. Pump would shut down because that line was constricting fuel to the pump. Even killed an aftermarket (stock replacement) pump dead lol.
Changed that line and all was well...
If you've change both pumps, I'd say there's something in between the two causing the issue..

laurentl13320

Passed Driver's Ed
I had these code a while back... change hpfp, lpfp, and that pressure sensor on even the new hpfp...

Ended up the low pressure line to the hpfp was degraded/clogged and was putting the car into limp mode anything over about 2800 rpms. Pump would shut down because that line was constricting fuel to the pump. Even killed an aftermarket (stock replacement) pump dead lol.
Changed that line and all was well...
If you've change both pumps, I'd say there's something in between the two causing the issue..

Thanks for you input

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
Change the sensor on the fuel rail that's what in the end turned out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Car left me stranded on the side of the road, only code it had was the P310b. Replaced both fuel pumps and fuel filter myself and that didn’t do it, it ended up being the control module on top of the in tank pump .