GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge Twintercooler no boost

Jremey

Car(s)
2009 gti
So 2 days ago I finished installing my Forge Twintercooler. Immediately I noticed a decrease in boost and I could hear boost leaks whistling. I typically boost around 15psi and I dropped to only 5. According to my gauge vacuum is normal. I noticed a coupler wasn't seated fully to the factory intercooler so I readjusted, as well as moved all the boost hose o-rings to the new couplers (completely forgot about them.) Now I dont hear anymore boost leaks, however, I now have no boost whatsoever. 0 psi according to the gauge. It's important to know, I had to go on the cheap and get the "offbrand" intercooler from gplusmotors on eBay. Also I had to trim the hot side hose where it clamps to the pancake boost hose but that clamp is solid. The hot side hose I don't think is molded correctly since it is slightly kinked due to an imperfect alignment to the pancake hose, and interference from the washer fluid reservoir. These kinks are very minor and air still flows freely. I'm seriously considering leaving the intercooler mounted but reconnecting the factory hoses until I figure out why I lost all boost pressure so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Jremey

Car(s)
2009 gti
*Update*
So went out this morning to double check all my connections. Apparently the cold side hose popped off the factory IC which explains the 0 boost. After examining them I realized the couplers to the factory IC were swapped. The hot side coupler was on the cold side and vice versa. Got them swaapped to the correct locations and all is good now. Back to normal boost levels. So for anyone that decides to do this mod, pay close attention to the IC-to-hose couplers. They are side specific. The coupler with the smaller tabs goes on the hot side (passenger) and the large tabs goes on the cold side (driver).