GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

These MKV's are so aerodynamic, keeping up on Rain-X has a big payback!

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Now that it's "Winter" (Ha!) in Florida, it's raining or condensation is forming on all my windows over-night. I was squeegee-ing the water off until I bought Rain-x and (Rain-X) Anti-Fog this weekend at Walmart and did all of my windows. (Not the tint inside. I use Zep vinyl cleaner for the tint). With the Anti-Fog on the inside of the windshield/windscreen and Rain-X water repellent on all of the exterior glass, I just starter-up and go and once I hit 88 miles per hour...no really only 35; The water just blows off of all the windows and...wait for it...the side view mirrors as well! No defroster to defog the windshield inside either. The vapor just doesn't condensate. I love this stuff. I've heard of a different product called "Nano-skin" for glass that I'd like to try but Rain-X was readily available. The windshield had a water repellent on it when I bought the car but I let it wear off and then realized how much I missed it! Just my 2 cents. You can honk in driving rain without even using the wipers.
The water just streams up and off! (For those of you who are new to water repellents for glass).:readthethread:

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
You should also have clayed the glass as part of the deep cleaning method.
Wow! I never thought of doing that or ever heard of doing that. My windscreen and rear hatch window have a lot of fine swirls and scratches in them. A guy I know has used jewelers rouge for scratches on glass with some positive results. I just alcohol prepped the glass with denatured before the Rain-x.

golfer69

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow! I never thought of doing that or ever heard of doing that. My windscreen and rear hatch window have a lot of fine swirls and scratches in them. A guy I know has used jewelers rouge for scratches on glass with some positive results. I just alcohol prepped the glass with denatured before the Rain-x.

Well using jewelers rough can be useful, but be carful with it. Usually we us polishing disc for fine scratches and swirls and ceriglass as polishing compound.