GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zrickety 2009 GTI bolt-on thread

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It's definitely different but I understand the premise. It has a nice low rumble under 3000 rpm, then it kinda howls and high rpm it gets quieter. I love it. Heard it will burble and pop with the downpipe.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It's definitely different but I understand the premise. It has a nice low rumble under 3000 rpm, then it kinda howls and high rpm it gets quieter. I love it. Heard it will burble and pop with the downpipe.

Nice. Yeah, I'm looking for just a bit more volume while keeping a nice, low tone.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Honestly I did it to save on carbon buildup but it didn't make a difference. I had a new intake manifold for a year and it filled up with crap. I'm assuming from the internal EGR and valve overlap. On top of that, it made the car smell bad which my wife also noticed. I don't really have any issues with the stock pcv.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Added gratuitous engine bay shot. Car almost at 111k.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I installed the Directed 4X10 digital remote start. It uses the can bus to talk to everything, I think maybe 8 wires I attached to the car. Used a relay output for the clutch to keep it simple. The only signs are a sticker under the hood and this switch and programmer in the fuse panel.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Bringing this back from the GRAVE. Literally.
I sold this car in fall of 2015 to a friend, he was driving it until a couple weeks ago. Infamous timing chain tensioner FAILED, all intake valves bent. I gave him my 2010 4 door to drive while we fix it. Turns out, he wants to buy it. They have a couple small kids, it's practical.
So I'll be fixing this car to daily drive again! I wish Photobucket didn't mess up my pictures...
Here is a link to the repair thread on golfmk6, there are more TSI cars there.
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/rebuilding-a-2-0-tsi-after-timing-failure.369736/
IMG_20191206_162803150.jpg

IMG_20191129_151049030.jpg

IMG_20191206_160041495.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191206_160131775.jpg
    IMG_20191206_160131775.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 176