GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR tuning ecu upgrade

mkvtdi

Has anybody had this done to their GTI? They claim 46 extra HP with 91 octane gas and 52 HP with 93 octane. If there is a dyno graph out there please post it- it would be great to look at. Thanks

kosmo6

Ready to race!
There's a dyno graph on their website: http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/images/dyno_mkvgti_20t_93_clean.jpg

If you're thinking about this one, wait until they come out with launch control on the upgrade. Apparently the encoding on the Euro spec ECU is different than the US spec ECU, so they are having trouble cracking it.

Best part is that they claim 2-3 mpg improvement on the highway and 1.5 to 2 second improvement in the 1/4 mile (with the launch control on the car, I'm sure). Not bad for $600...

encee

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
mkvtdi said:
Has anybody had this done to their GTI? They claim 46 extra HP with 91 octane gas and 52 HP with 93 octane. If there is a dyno graph out there please post it- it would be great to look at. Thanks

Hi mate, I`m from the UK, and have had mine APR re-mapped by a local tuning firm.

All I can say is, "Get it done", as it`s absolutely superb, and has made my GTI into an animal.

Don`t get me wrong, the power curve is still very linear, but the torque is now tremendous, and can be felt EVERYWHERE in the rev-range. It really is that good.

I`ll post a graph up as soon as I can around to it.

Edited to add that my MPG is also BETTER by about 2 mpg !

Figures are now approx. 245 bhp, at the clutch, and 290 ft/lbs ! :thumbsup:

35NYR

Ready to race!
Peteman187 said:
Get it now. APR offers free upgrades for life. Plus the chip has to break in. The sooner the better

so the chip learns your driving habits? That's what breakin means right? :w00t: Nice of them to offer free upgrades for life.

Peteman187

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup exactly. When they chip it they do a tba after, and they tell you it takes about a week to adapt (better word than break in) I defintly noticed it. The car was much more adjusted to my driving. After a week with a chip, you'll swear up and down its the best thing you can do to our cars.

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
I had gotten an APR chip for my 1.8 when i had it and all it did would burn out my O2 sencer or the check engine light would constently stay on no matter if i switched it on or off. Well i guess my question is what would the best and the most powerful chip be for the 2.0T?

viperx100

Drag Racing Champion
My question is, does chipping your car (even with a solid company as APR) decrease your car's life and put more strain on your engine? Also, these figures are for a stock GTI. If I were to mod it out with lets say a turbo-back and CAI and a bigger intercooler, fuel lines, bigger turbo, etc..... would the chip still work or would I need to have it reprogrammed after each upgrade?

juniormkv

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
My question is, does chipping your car (even with a solid company as APR) decrease your car's life and put more strain on your engine? Also, these figures are for a stock GTI. If I were to mod it out with lets say a turbo-back and CAI and a bigger intercooler, fuel lines, bigger turbo, etc..... would the chip still work or would I need to have it reprogrammed after each upgrade?

i dont know about engine life,but i can tell u that when i got mine done they told me that they would do upgrades for free for every mod that i do, exhaust, turbo, intercooler,etc.

juniormkv

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI

i did on mine when it had only 843 miles and believe me is well worth it, there is a big difference from stock im loving it!!!!!

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Now what about warranty. If I bring my GTI into the dealership for maintainence or repair will they be able to detect the chip and deny service?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Now what about warranty. If I bring my GTI into the dealership for maintainence or repair will they be able to detect the chip and deny service?

Maybe, maybe not, no one knows for sure. What I do know is that it has been discussed to death on here as well as anything relating to chipping. Search is your friend.:thumbsup:

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

if you purchased stock mode also, and switched to stock before going to the dealership, then it's going to be hard, but yes, vw can still find out that it was chipped, if they really wanted to.