GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A/C Compressor issue

easy87

l1kez b00st
Car(s)
GTi
So I have read that the solenoid is a very common failure point on our a/c systems. I have been having delayed cooling/very intermittent cooling(if ever), and figured this solenoid would be a good place to start. How can I tell if I have a Sanden compressor, or a Denso one? There look to be two different solenoid types, and before venting the A/C, I wanted to make sure I get the right part. Thanks!

Car:
2006 VW GTI

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Have you looked at the label?? Venting the A/C? I take it you mean to reclaim the refrigerant.

easy87

l1kez b00st
Car(s)
GTi
Man! That is a nice sheet there! If I may be so bold to ask, what did you google to find that?

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Just in case, I think you can actually see if the solenoid works or not by looking at the compressor duty cycle actual/requested on vcds or using the hidden menu in the climatronic

irishbaz

Im having a similar issue on my Mk5, I checked the solenoid plug yesterday and got low voltage (3V) what could be causing low voltage to the Solenoid Valve ? What exact fuse relates to this ?

I got a new Solenoid Valve recently (turned out to be wrong one :bonk:) I have a zexel compressor...

Any ideas what could be causing this? I had the engine running and Econ light on/off still no change in the voltage to the plug.

On a related note i got the old solenoid valve out and tested it with a 12V battery, no clicking... the new (wrong) valve was clicking fine so it does look to be a faulty value but im a bit concerned with the low power to the plug.

Also its quite expensive each time to get the system gassed/re-gassed so I'm looking to rule out an electrical issue before i fit the correct solenoid.

irishbaz

Quick update so I go the RKX valve in and regassed the system and everything was working fine.

The valve can be fitted easily enough from underneath once you release the fans and move them up. A long nose pliers is needed to remove the retainer clip.

A week later and Im back to warm AC...

After a test a leak was found in my condenser.... so I now have to fit a new condensor... has anyone had any experience fitting one before on the GTI?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have an item number? Or the length? I have a MK5 and i want to run a shorter belt since my ac compressor is messed up but idk what belt fits

MK5 FSI

Ac delete belt for FSI VW 06f 903 137 L or 06f903137L
Gates K060374
Bando 6pk950

Ac compressor does not need to be removed.

For the R32

VW #022145933AH

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
MK5 FSI

Ac delete belt for FSI VW 06f 903 137 L or 06f903137L
Gates K060374
Bando 6pk950

Ac compressor does not need to be removed.

For the R32

VW #022145933AH
Yes it does, it’s extra bullshit in the way if u need to remove alternator again. A no need for useless dead weight items, & less accessory to drive/rotation mass.