Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking for a three door GTi, as follows:
- Must be three door, won't consider five door
- Prefer manual, but may consider DSG
- White or black preferred, may consider silver but no other colour
- Prefer cloth trim unless the leather is in perfect condition
- Looking for circa 50,000 km's or less
- Don't really care too much about options, but sunroof would be nice
- Prefer it to be within factory warranty still (i.e. less than three years old)

Price range? Mid 20's. I am located in Sydney but am happy to travel to Brisbane, Melbourne or Canberra - or anywhere inbetween.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Mid 20s?? Are you for real?

Bakks

Passed Driver's Ed
You bet. And its a perfectly reasonable price from what I can tell, i.e. there are a number on carsales at the moment in that range (asking price of $25k-$30k, so purchasable for a couple of thousand less, i.e. mid 20's), just not in the colour I want.

I do find it quite amusing there are also a few on there for $35k - who in their right mind will pay that when you can get a brand new one for $5k more?

triode12

Go Kart Champion
You bet. And its a perfectly reasonable price from what I can tell, i.e. there are a number on carsales at the moment in that range (asking price of $25k-$30k, so purchasable for a couple of thousand less, i.e. mid 20's), just not in the colour I want.

I do find it quite amusing there are also a few on there for $35k - who in their right mind will pay that when you can get a brand new one for $5k more?

There is a reason why you are not finding one in white and black for the price you want - they are popular colours.

So you will either have to pay a premium to get one in the colours you want or pay less for something more prolific like Tornado Red. It is simple supply and demand.

People can ask what ever price they want for their cars, it doesn't mean that they will find buyers for them.

Bakks

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a reason why you are not finding one in white and black for the price you want - they are popular colours.

So you will either have to pay a premium to get one in the colours you want or pay less for something more prolific like Tornado Red. It is simple supply and demand.

People can ask what ever price they want for their cars, it doesn't mean that they will find buyers for them.

I've been looking for all of about a week, and am in no rush, so I am confident in finding a car that meets my criteria.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
You can have mine.

It's in immaculate condition, pretty much suits what you're looking for.

I'm asking $55,000.00

And I'm serious.

satz

Passed Driver's Ed
seriously
could you tell me where I could get a 'brand new one' for $40k?

especially with DSG and driveaway costs included?

The rrp is around $45k

tonyy

i have a my09 3dr BMP MT cloth and roof looking for $$22500 but im in perth.. but i dont fit the criteria