GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"LED" not flashing when doors are locked

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Just got my windows tinted and realized the driver side door LED is no longer flashing when locked.:thumbdown:

I saw the guys spraying heaps of solution on the door trim and window, I was thinking it could simply be a short due to the excess water and might come good after it drys. Anyone else had this?

Last edited:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
It wouldn't short it but the wire may have been knocked off.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
i love that lil light when it flashes lol....hope u get it fixed soon

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
i love that lil light when it flashes lol....hope u get it fixed soon
I don't love it when it stays on permanently and I'm driving along ... VW have no idea why this happens sometimes ... :thumbdown:

- M -

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Had a look and the alarm is on, so I think the wire might have been knocked off.:thumbdown:

Is it a DIY thing, or should I have the dealer fix it coz they might charge me.:confused:

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
dealer shouldnt charge you for something like that...just tell them its not working and they should fix it under warranty

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I don't love it when it stays on permanently and I'm driving along ... VW have no idea why this happens sometimes ... :thumbdown:

- M -
That's happened to me twice now... very distracting. :mad:

dh010447

ah its an easy fix. Lock the car using the remote, then unlock. Light returns to normal.

Gotta love those quirks!

I was playing with this... I suspect it might have something to do with driving with the boot unlocked. I noticed that locking and unlocking sorts this out - which would in effect lock the boot, and leave it locked when you unlock the drivers door...