GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do I stop being paranoid about every other thing?

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
Hi there. I have a 2007 GTI with 73k miles. I've had it for a few months and I still can't help but get paranoid about every small rattle or to floor it when appropriate.

I've done pretty much all the maintenance that can be done at this point (oil change, fuel filter, spark plugs, new cam follower, brake fluid flush) and there is nothing on the vag-com scan besides a knock sensor code that I've cleared and has yet to come back. I do have a "rainy-day" fund dedicated entirely to this car in case shit hits the fan, but I'm hoping I never have to use it.

Should I just enjoy the car to its fullest abilities, come what may? What has helped you overcome some kind of mental block when it comes to enjoying this car?

Thanks

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I just went to the conclusion that mine (200k miles now) survived until now with only the required maintenance done (oil changes every 20k) and lots of things that were wrong (cam chain broke (but the valves were not bent), the previous owner told me that at some point the oil filter was not properly fitted and he had the oil light when driving (not sure if it was oil level or oil pressure light though), thermostat was dead since a long time, so was the DV, someone forgot to reconnect the flap motor at some point, clutch was sometimes sticking to the floor, radiator was leaking, vacuum pump was leaking, the N80 was not working properly, the cam follower was not changed) and with all this it's still alive.

Keep up with the maintenance and unless something is VERY wrong, don't worry. Actually the previous owner told me "if you hear a rattle, it's that the radio is not loud enough"

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Hi there. I have a 2007 GTI with 73k miles. I've had it for a few months and I still can't help but get paranoid about every small rattle or to floor it when appropriate.

I've done pretty much all the maintenance that can be done at this point (oil change, fuel filter, spark plugs, new cam follower, brake fluid flush) and there is nothing on the vag-com scan besides a knock sensor code that I've cleared and has yet to come back. I do have a "rainy-day" fund dedicated entirely to this car in case shit hits the fan, but I'm hoping I never have to use it.

Should I just enjoy the car to its fullest abilities, come what may? What has helped you overcome some kind of mental block when it comes to enjoying this car?

Thanks

Drive an R32 with factory chains and guides with almost 120k miles. Lmao!

I wish I still had my gti, it had 68k on it when I got rid of it but I never doubted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk