GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk5 2003, rear wiper problem and passenger airbag problem.

zokiopp

Hello everyone. I am a new user of the famous golf 5 and this is my first post already.

1. I recently bought a MK5 1.9 tdi and i noticed some strange rear wiper behaviour. When i turn the ignition ON, rear wiper starts turning without command from the stalk and stops after several swings. When i start the engine wiper does the same again. While i drive, i turn on rear wiper from the stalk and it starts rotating but when i turn off it doesnt stop, it continues for few swings too and stops in a random position different from the default one ( like in the middle). It really pisses me off.

2. I get airbag failure error on screen after my friend exited the car from the front passenger door. Nearby mechanic cleared the code and i have no problems untill someone sits and exits from the car. The error code was passenger side airbag problem. I heard that i need to check connections but i dont know where are they located exactly.

Also, the previous owner stated that he changed rear door locking mechanism and the central one probably.

I would appreciate some help about these problems. Thanks :)

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Find someone with Vcds and do an Auto Scan and post up results. You probably have a module issue for the wipers.

zokiopp

Find someone with Vcds and do an Auto Scan and post up results. You probably have a module issue for the wipers.
Got 2 faults with same code.
01222 - Crash Sensor Side Airbag; Passenger Side (G180): Implausible Signal* and one more with same type but it says Short to plus or something similar instead implausable singal.
Where is that rear wiper module located?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/inde...Passenger_Side_.28G180.29:_Implausible_Signal

This is the drivers door or passenger door depending on LHD or RHD. Crash sensor will have yellow plugs. Is the wiring to the door jamb B pillar OK no broken wires?

The rear wiper is controlled through the J519 module, I have no idea if the scan tool you are using has the capability to communicate with it. Generic ODB2 scan tool will not. Need Vcds or equivalent.

zokiopp

I think it might be the wiring to the airbag because right after i clear the faulty code, i wont get any untill i open passenger door. Im suspecting the wiring between the door and the car pillar.

As of the wiper, i am using vcds. how can i check the j519 module?

Also, got another problem today. Yellow oil warning light. I had my oil on almost minimum, pour some more unitll below maximum and warning light is still on. i disconnected the battery and after i still had the yellow oil warning light on. xd a sensor problem?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Your just going to have to look at module 09 J519 and see if you find anything in your module. I looked at address 09 J519 part number 3C0 937 049 AJ and its label file 3C0-937-049-30-H.lbl and did not see anything to check there even though the wiring diagrams shows that some of its wiring goes to it. I did find that address 16 J527 steering wheel control module part number 1K0 953 549 BP and its label file 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl does have a measuring block for rear wiper.

The oil level sensor might also be a wiring issue.