GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk6 doors on a mk5

DeWet

Ready to race!
My car has the same problem a lot of people out there with cloth interior are facing with sagging cloth on the door cards.

First I thought what an easy way to fix it if you can just replace the door cards. As all the ones from wreckers has the same issue this was not an option.

So from there I knew I can have them re-upholstered but though why not just replace the doors with ones from a mk6?

Everyone I asked told me they wont fit but no-one would tell me how or where they dont fit.

Found someone with doors for the one side for cheap but didnt want to waste money so got only the rear to check first.

So the bend line running down the side of the car is more sharp on the mk6 than the mk5 but still thought it might be ok.

Fitting it went ok except for the mk5 front door that wont close( might just work with both mk6 front door on)

Anyways here are the result for anyone that wanted to do this.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Thanks for your post, so it seems they are indeed not compatible. Even if they fit, they look wrong as they don't don't marry well with the MK5 body.

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
My car has the same problem a lot of people out there with cloth interior are facing with sagging cloth on the door cards.

First I thought what an easy way to fix it if you can just replace the door cards. As all the ones from wreckers has the same issue this was not an option.

So from there I knew I can have them re-upholstered but though why not just replace the doors with ones from a mk6?

Everyone I asked told me they wont fit but no-one would tell me how or where they dont fit.

Found someone with doors for the one side for cheap but didnt want to waste money so got only the rear to check first.

So the bend line running down the side of the car is more sharp on the mk6 than the mk5 but still thought it might be ok.

Fitting it went ok except for the mk5 front door that wont close( might just work with both mk6 front door on)

Anyways here are the result for anyone that wanted to do this.

My 2008 gti was giving me the same problem but my gti only have two doors I took it to the body shop they fix it for $200 now it’s closing properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeWet

Ready to race!
Can you perhaps add a photo or 2 so we can see how it looks after the door work was done by the bodyshop?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Cant you swap the outer skins? Ive never looked at a 4 door but the skins on my 2 door could be removed.

DeWet

Ready to race!
Not sure if that will work.
The black strip covering the skin bolts on the mk5 doesnt exist on the mk6 doors.

Would love to hear from others on this topic