GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW 650i not happy...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Last night was in town just cruising to somewhere when a BMW 650i convertible romped on it just behind me, but in the lane left of me, placing him right beside me. I looked over and just smiled...and he and his lady smiling back. Just then he launched off so I went as well and caught him and passed him quickly as expected. I dropped back to just chat and what not...and he had no smiles...only got the "Mr. Angry Face". Guess he expected better from his new $100k, twin turbo V8, Bimmer. They're slow...in the mid 13's @ 105'ish mph.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I stayed under $35k, $25k for the '07 and $10k for mods and install-labor I didn't want to do. I've put nearly another $5k into maintenance over the last 11 years.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Yeah, still WAY cheaper, especially after depreciation of original purchase price. Regardless, good kill. Nice to surprise people with nice cars who think they're 'better' than us VW people.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah, still WAY cheaper, especially after depreciation of original purchase price. Regardless, good kill. Nice to surprise people with nice cars who think they're 'better' than us VW people.

Always fun, yes. And yes, my '07 w/140k miles probably wouldn't see a buyer at $8k right now...even with the mods and what it really is. Was fun watching the passenger lady cover her ears when I got on it and passed them.

Got pics of that '62? Always wanted one...bcuz year of my birth and Dad had one...↓ me in the back ↓

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

So so sweet! :wub:
Luv the windshield mod...reminds me of my '61 Camper. Always drove with them popped open in summer. Very nice keeping that one in its condition :thumbsup:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Safari windshield is probably one of the best things on that car. It's amazing for ventilation and style. People ask me all the time if I'm gonna paint it. I just laugh and tell them that it took over 50 years for it to look this good and that I'm not gonna mess with perfection. The patina on this things is unreal and should never be messed with.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I agree...I wouldn't touch it.