GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED tails quad ring VCDS mod

buckets

Ready to race!
Not sure about the stock tails, but if you want, drop me a PM and we can see what plays out.

Failing that, we can talk terms for the LED tails mod!

[/shameless plug]

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
:eyebulge: can this mod be done with stock tail's?
if so who has a vagcom in melbourne that can help me out with this! :bow:

it can be done with the stock tails.
there are a few people that have had a good result with the stock tails.

you drill a 10MM hole (very carefully) in each side of the inside of the inner tail light.
then you glue in a T10 Wedge type globe using a high temp silicone sealant.

the rest of the wiring is the same as in this write up.
coding would also be the same.

Edit: just follow this link for info.
click

Jason.

DkN

Ready to race!
Not sure about the stock tails, but if you want, drop me a PM and we can see what plays out.

Failing that, we can talk terms for the LED tails mod!

[/shameless plug]

This thread is better than sponsor ads for you isn't it Craig :lol:

buckets

Ready to race!
Just tryin' to help a brother out Sandy! :lol:

buckets

Ready to race!
Have been thinking about this and wondered what would happen if I did a pin swap brake and tail...... Hmmmm :iono:

It couldn't be that simple....could it?

DkN

Ready to race!
Have been thinking about this and wondered what would happen if I did a pin swap brake and tail...... Hmmmm :iono:

It couldn't be that simple....could it?
Hmm.. if you swapped the pin for the outer brakes with the outer parker, and then wired the inners to the new brake pin, maybe you could get the quad rings to have the brake function? Add some playing around with VCDS and you could probably get the parker wire to not light up, then you'd have quad rings and quad rings only for both parker and brake, with the centre never lighting up. If all goes according to plan...

I'm happy with what I have though, it's different and not a complete rip-off of a Skyline - each to their own.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
I was going to mod mine the same :)
Unfortunately on Saturday I left my tailgate open with the reversing light on.
1 hour later and the inside of the light had all melted into a glob and damaged the clear lens. :(

Put the orig R32 inners back in.
Actually looks OK .

Bazzle

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Now I'm a member of the quad ring club.
Huge thanks to buckets for his stellar work in modifying my inner rings & to DkN for his excellent DIY. I did the exact same thing for my wiring - totally hidden & reversible. Thank you very much gentlemen :thumbsup:.

Attachments

• Quads.jpg
    Quads.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6,235

buckets

Ready to race!
Happy to be of service Doug. And thanks for the plug! :thumbsup:

biglad65

Hmm.. if you swapped the pin for the outer brakes with the outer parker, and then wired the inners to the new brake pin, maybe you could get the quad rings to have the brake function? Add some playing around with VCDS and you could probably get the parker wire to not light up, then you'd have quad rings and quad rings only for both parker and brake, with the centre never lighting up. If all goes according to plan...

I'm happy with what I have though, it's different and not a complete rip-off of a Skyline - each to their own.
hi as anyone tryed this to see if all for brake lights