GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MKV price check

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey All

second post and yes another mkv post !:biggrin:

I may be in the market for a gti mkv , have a guy that is keen on buying my mps6

any opinions/advice on the below cars would be great.

Have read a fair few threads about what to look out for (thanks shauno and others!) more needing advice on the price i should pay since he sold his immac white gti for 26k ! with timing belt etc already done..

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...pb=true&Cr=7&MileageTo=751&keywords=&__N=1216

this one im keen on but as yet hasnt had the 70k service done or the timing belt. Seller advised the timing belt needs to be done at 90k which i pointed out had to be done by age or kms which ever comes first..

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...pb=true&Cr=3&MileageTo=751&keywords=&__N=1216

havent spoken to this guy as yet and will be keen to see if the service and or timing belt has been done..

cheers Kris

Last edited:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
The one at Annandale seems to be the better buy out of the two as it has Xenons and leather which were about $5-6K combined when new. You can always negotiate a better price on the car stating that the timing belt needs to be done.

shauno

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf MkV GTI
Make sure you do a check on the VIN number - I've already been told of two for sale that had major accident damage - a red one with a new rear-end, and a silver one that was a repairable write-off!

Out of the two above the Annandale one sounds better due to Xenon's, etc - and it's further from the ocean, so less salt spray on the car!

If the sale on mine falls through, I'll let you know :)

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
The one at Annandale seems to be the better buy out of the two as it has Xenons and leather which were about $5-6K combined when new. You can always negotiate a better price on the car stating that the timing belt needs to be done.

yea the leather and xenons are a nice bonus .. it also has paddle shift which he reckons weren't standard and cost a grand..

spoke to him this morning and said on the basis that the belt and service needed to be done id take it as is for $24500.. he just smsd and said to meet him half way at $24750..

really want a silver/white one but with my budget being 25k max i guess i can't be too choosey!

guy reckons he is coming to drop a deposit on my car on wed or friday so the waiting game begins!

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
Make sure you do a check on the VIN number - I've already been told of two for sale that had major accident damage - a red one with a new rear-end, and a silver one that was a repairable write-off!

Out of the two above the Annandale one sounds better due to Xenon's, etc - and it's further from the ocean, so less salt spray on the car!

If the sale on mine falls through, I'll let you know :)

yea il do a nrma or racv test after my family friend first cheks it over ..

yea mate let me know but im sure the guy will snap it up .. still cant get over your $3800 service bill :eyebulge: used to cheap mazda services lol

my dad will have some nice service bill on his newish 2.0 diesel passat !

triode12

Go Kart Champion
yea the leather and xenons are a nice bonus .. it also has paddle shift which he reckons weren't standard and cost a grand..

spoke to him this morning and said on the basis that the belt and service needed to be done id take it as is for $24500.. he just smsd and said to meet him half way at $24750..

really want a silver/white one but with my budget being 25k max i guess i can't be too choosey!

guy reckons he is coming to drop a deposit on my car on wed or friday so the waiting game begins!

Paddle shift is standard on all GTIs. I don't know where he got that incorrect information from.

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
hey ppl

has anyone gone out to inspect this one? going to do a racv check on it this week.. inspected it today not too bad in and out.. put a holding $100 deposit on it pending racv inspection..

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...15&__D=gti&seot=1&__sid=12E917AC35E0&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294962746 4294962677 395 414 4294898544 750&MileageTo=750&trecs=32&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Ntt=gti&__Dx=mode matchany&Cr=2&SearchAction=N&__Qpb=true&keywords=gti&__Ntk=CarAll&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&PriceTo=414

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
hey ppl

has anyone gone out to inspect this one? going to do a racv check on it this week.. inspected it today not too bad in and out.. put a holding $100 deposit on it pending racv inspection..

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...15&__D=gti&seot=1&__sid=12E917AC35E0&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294962746 4294962677 395 414 4294898544 750&MileageTo=750&trecs=32&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Ntt=gti&__Dx=mode matchany&Cr=2&SearchAction=N&__Qpb=true&keywords=gti&__Ntk=CarAll&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&PriceTo=414
Candy White is definitely not metallic! :lol:

Good luck with the purchase... :thumbup:

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
Candy White is definitely not metallic! :lol:

Good luck with the purchase... :thumbup:

thanks mate..

picked up a bmp 06 5 door with 32k on the clock ! has leather and sunroof pretty happy with it ! pics up soon :biggrin:

melbv

time to modify
Car(s)
speed
:thumbsup:thats pretty low ks for 06model.