GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discount on GTi's?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah we traded in here 2002 model lancer coupe 1.8l with factory kit and sunroof auto.

SSS_Hoon

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
The reason I was asking was to see if they gave you a good price for the trade in.
Was that the case?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
they gave us a bit less then what we wanted but in the end the changeover was what we wanted so yeah they gave us a good deal.

they would of sold it for at least 6k more though i reckon maybe 5k.

it wont hurt to go and find out what they will give you for it though, the mroe stock it looks the more they will give you though.

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Still having issues selling the car AJW? I bet if you trade it in you will get a tonne of calls as soon as u hand it over. Thats whats been happening to me :(

Good news is I should be able to pick up the car on Monday next week provided that my finance company organises payment in time. Technically would have been able to pick up the car tomorrow but the finance approval took longer than expected hence the delay

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
I've had about 8 people ring up - 3 say they're going to have a look - & one that did.
The one that had a look loved the car but offered me $3.5K less than I want.
In fact I went to one of the "Parramatta Cars for cash" people and they said that they would pay me $20K for the car (car advertised for $23.5K).
As my GTI hasn't been made yet I still have a min of 5 weeks to sell the car.
So I'm waiting for the right buyer to come along.
Justing looking at the Trade-in option incase.

You must be getting excited that the GTI is nearly yours after all this time.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Well believe it or not the excitement levels arent all there, but thats because I've got alot of other things to worry about at the moment but Im sure that once I jump in and drive it home I'll be ecstatic.

I know that from the test drive I was in love with the car so Im sure it will all come back to me once I sit in it and can finally call it mine.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah i hate going from riving my n/a pulsar all week the getting in the gti for a few mins drive on the weekend then back in m pulsar all week is agony i tell ya.

if i could afford it iwould go and buy that black cancelled order one they ahve at penrith.

SSS_Hoon

gjbello

Ready to race!
hi guys, im new to the forum. just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

i spoke to three dealerships here in melb.

first was south yarra - they mentioned they needed a $2k deposit before you could even test drive the gti. no thanks!

second was hawthorn. the salesmen said they are "non discount items". pft...

third was essendon. i mentioned to them that hawthorn were giving me a $2.5k discount (i completely made that quote up), which the salesmen responded by saying "we can match that".

i went down there the next day, spent a couple of hours negotiating the final numbers, and i put i deposit down that day :)

my black gti with dsg, leather and dealer tint is arriving in october. 6 month wait... :(

p.s. has anyone thought about selling their gtis? the used ones are selling for more than the new ones (coz of their availability)...

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
nice! another black GTI :)

I had that problem too, all the dealers except the one I bought it from refused to let me have a test drive until I put down a deposit. One of them eventually cracked and let me test drive both manual and DSG GTIs but I didnt end up buying from them since they couldnt match the price I was getting.

Ive thought about it, but dont think I could find another car I want if I sold it besides the car I owned previously, and to buy another one like it I'd end up losing money I'd say since I let mine go for such a low price.

gjbello

Ready to race!
a have a friend who bought a gti without leather and hes considering selling it. with the return, hell then get a gti WITH leather! very quick profit, id say ;)

Buccaneer

Ready to race!
There are two GTIs for sale in Melbourne - one a silver manual (with sunroof) and the other a black DSG (stock I think) - check www.carsales.com.au under private sellers - if anyone is interest that is.

I still treat my 2 month old GTI like a baby :) and still have yet to get tired of her - highly doubt that would happen ;).