GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Factory Twin Turbo GTI 'Pirelli'"

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
:laughabove:
Sorry mate, you just weren't quite clear enough with your sarcasm there... I've seen at least 8 mark nines this week near my house, and all but one of them had the eleventy speed DSG (it has a special hyperdrive switch on the steering wheel).
If you'd mentioned something like 'reversing sensors' or these so-called 'heated seats', then we'd have known you were taking the piss. Think about it next time and lay off the subtelty yeah.
:thumbsup:

Nyuk, nyuk.
Fair enuff :thumbsup:
Though I did think the factory BlueTooth was a bit OTT...

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
Just to stir the pot, I believe that VW WILL be releasing a twin (sequential) turbo 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engine in a large scale production vehicle this year.

Yes, a TT TDI engine for the face lifted Transporter van, with 130Kw and 400Nm, the new 2.0L will replace the existing 2.5L single turbo TDI. Supposedly it will offer similar performance, but with lower emisions and lower (official) fuel consumption. Mercedes have a similar (but more powerful) 2.165L 4 potter in some of their cars and vans now).

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Just to stir the pot, I believe that VW WILL be releasing a twin (sequential) turbo 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engine in a large scale production vehicle this year.

I think it's already out - there's a 147kW version (& some lesser versions as well) used by VW, Audi, SEAT, & Skoda.

The 147kW version is the only one with the twin puffers though, I believe. However, this is a diesel donk not petrol...

Edit: more info:
2.0 TDI CR 103-147kW
Inline 4 cylinder 1.968 litres (120.1 cu in)
Turbocharged Direct Injection (TDI), Bore x Stroke (mm): 81 x 92.5
Twin registered turbochargers with different diameters
Common Rail (CR) multi-point direct injection (DI) with 8 nozzle output, piezo elements, pressure up to 1850 bar
147 kilowatts (200 PS; 197 bhp) @ 4,400 rpm, 400 newton metres (295 ft·lbf) @ 2,500-3,000rpm

Last edited:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
That'd bring it into line with BMW's small diesel in terms of power and torque.

blue2th

Ready to race!
the megane 225 has twin turbos, it spooled well, but they were sequential, a low and high setup, so you'd have seamless power build up.

not a waste of time if you ask me. didn't have lag or surprise u with a surge later on either.

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
the megane 225 has twin turbos, it spooled well, but they were sequential, a low and high setup, so you'd have seamless power build up.

The what now? No they don't.
Unless there's another Megane 225 I don't know about.
They're as laggy/responsive as my car.

blue2th

Ready to race!
hmm...i'm quite sure they had sequential twin turbos, i.e. only one turbo running at a time, but one worked at lower revs and another at higher revs.

i had one for 8 months, didn't think it was laggy.

decksla

Ready to race!
megane twin turbo???

dont think so.

u sure you dont man twin-scroll turbo?

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
LOL glad you sorted that cos i was about to suggest twin scroll as well. Thats what the Libertys went to as well.