GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got my HKS Legal Exhaust!

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
should take that over to HWY 9 rip it off some of the stoplights and record the sound... you'll have to let me hear this in person when I get up there in February cuz I hear more road noise than anything else in the vid

shinta

Banned
def need to make a better sound clip.
gonna get some suggestions before i got out and redo it.

if you are goin up hill that requires more throttle input to maintain speed, you might get a little drone, but the stock catback drone alittle bit in this situation ayways, the HKS is just abit worst, but no where being annoying.

if you are just talking about cruising down a almost flat highway at 75, absolutely no drone. I didn't realize how much noise the res-delete was putting out until i put the HKS on. the HKS is alot quieter just cruising, maybe just a tiny bit more noise than full stock system.

to be ohnest, i am not exactly please with the tone this exhaust put out, but I think alot of it has to do with the 2.0T just not a good sounding motor to being with. I need to hear more catbacks to make a real comment on how it sounds. but I am happy the fact that this exhaust is not annoying, and have a nice increase in sound where/when i want it.
for reference, i had a 2.5 N/A Subaru with custom magnaflow and resonator exhaust, the drone was very bad at highway speed.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
to be ohnest, i am not exactly please with the tone this exhaust put out, but I think alot of it has to do with the 2.0T just not a good sounding motor to being with.

I fully agree with you there, man. It's a shame, especially considering how nice so many VAG engines sound. I mean, even the 2.5 in the Rabbit sounds sexier, to say nothing of the VR6!

Either way, congrats on trying something different! That's definitely a unique tone, and it ain't half bad.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Little more exhaust sounds.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I've got pics. It's an awesome catback!!
Edit- lol there are pics in the first post

Attachments

• IMG_6529.jpg
    IMG_6529.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

Wüstenfuchs

Alpha and Omega
How well does this set up work (in terms of sound) in comparison to replacing the stock resonator with a high flow one? I got a feeling it's pretty much the same thing.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I never cut my stock exhaust but this has a great low rumble and howls at 3000 rpm. At higher rpm it's quieter, I assume the side piece cancels those frequencies. I don't think you can achieve the same sound still using the stock muffler but I'm sure the resonator delete sounds better.

Wüstenfuchs

Alpha and Omega
How much of a difference does this exhaust make over stock?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It's waaaaayyyyy better than stock. I like it more than the apr full turboback on the mk6.