GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

Tactical_Bacon

Car(s)
2009 GTI TSI 4dr DSG
Hey all. I'm new here, been a lurker for a bit. Just picked up an 09 GTI, LOVING it so far. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

MattCHS

Car(s)
06 GTI and 09 F150
Matt from Charleston SC here. I have been looking on here for a few months since I bought an 06 GTI manual to mess around with. The fuel line rattle had me perplexed until the great people on here posted the cause. I would have never found it.

I have been doing baby steps for now. UNI 1+ and a boost gauge. Stock dv holding in there for now. Plans include a k04 then lowering a little bit.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Hello. Get ready for a clutch with K04.

Quasievil

Hello, Bret from Auckland N.Z MkV Golf GTI, 83kms, love it.............although I got dragged of on the track by a Mini S, that has to be rectified!!

m-ymk5

Hey there!

Im from toronto, just bought a 2007 128k MK5 GTI Coupe manual transmission fully loaded. will be picking it up next week hopefully and will post pics then

mdjbhouse

Hmmm, Mark here from the Canadian prairies. I don't have a GTO Coupe or anything nice that I can claim as my own just my son's girlfriends Golf City that I need some DIY help with so thus my joining.
Update:
Believe I'm in the wrong community now upon further research as this is MKV and I need MKIV.
If any mod wants to remove my account please do.

Last edited:

Hello all, I've been a silent reader of these forums for more than 2 years, thanks for all the great info and DYI. Currently I own a 2009 MKV 2-door, Tornado red, bought it 2 years ago, still loving it like the first day.

gfish31

hey everyone. i'm from SE PA and have an 08 bmp GTI. lurked for a while but joined for the possibility of buying/selling parts with an enthusiast community.

BlkSTIG

Car(s)
06 Mk5 GLI DSG
Aloha from Honolulu! Bought a RS mk5 GLI dsg last Nov. Haven't lurked much here cuz I'm normally on vwvortex but can't go wrong with having more sources for parts/info/diy's/good peeps etc.

Bomb Hanks

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all, just got a 2009 GTI and wanted to come seek knowledge from the old timers. Any South Florida members get at me for meet ups and such!

Rickyfinch

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello peeps,
I'm Ricky from Tallahassee, Fl. My current GTI is a 2008 with all the bells and whistles as well as the FSI. I can tell my car has been slightly lowered.
My past GTI is a 06 2 door, with eBay downpipe, twintercooler, auto tech Hpfp upgrades, suitcase muffler delete, bsh cai and stage 1 pvc block and lastly apr stage top plus tune.

So far I'm loving the 08 I just wish I could've tracked down a tsi, however I digress.

Happy to be here.