GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"W on/off" harness? Yes i know we don't have the winter program

But with 63 cents worth of electronics (4013 flipflop and a relay, maybe an npn follower on the chip) and an hour's hacking with a soldering iron it could control my water/meth system.

oemplus sells the switch but not the harness. will the harness for another switch fit into it? I just don't feel like jamming crimp connectors into the housing and filling it with silicone if there is a mating harness available.

LondonGT

Ready to race!
You can get the connectors from VW. They aren't much, I did this for the park switch. I'm getting aftermarket sensors for the front so got the switch and connector from them. It was pence. There's a black block that plugs on the switch itself and a holder thing in a mustard colour that holds stops the block dropping out. They are colour coded to the base of the switch which is nice.....

You can get the connectors from VW. They aren't much, I did this for the park switch. I'm getting aftermarket sensors for the front so got the switch and connector from them. It was pence. There's a black block that plugs on the switch itself and a holder thing in a mustard colour that holds stops the block dropping out. They are colour coded to the base of the switch which is nice.....

Do you have a part number by any chance?

Do i just show up at the parts desk and ask for it or what?

spacewalker

W button is usseles if your ECU not require this. It is a different software for that button. IF ECU is prepared for W-inter button, w/o that you will se error in ECU.
Even if yo uconnect it to correct place.

LondonGT

Ready to race!
Do you have a part number by any chance?

Do i just show up at the parts desk and ask for it or what?

Sorry just saw this.

Connector 4d0971636a and wires 000979009e

This was for the tpms switch so not sure if they are interchangeable but they look like it.

Connector and three wires came to a tenner so about 15 bucks.

Sorry just saw this.

Connector 4d0971636a and wires 000979009e

This was for the tpms switch so not sure if they are interchangeable but they look like it.

Connector and three wires came to a tenner so about 15 bucks.

Ah, excellent.

Some creative googling came up with the correct part number for the blue connector to match the W switch. Same thing, ends with D instead.

Interesting even if you don't read german:

http://www.passatplus.de/sonstiges/vw_touran/index.htm

We also learn that the full part number for the switch is 1K0 927 227 A REH - it's $18 from getvwparts.com

So now i need to figure out what the six pins do. one pair will be swtich, one pair will probably be backlighting for the W, and the other pair lighting for the "ON" maybe?

Last edited:
i'm trying to do the same exact thing as you are with my W/M system - please keep me posted

Well, being able to build a circuit from a schematic will be a must. But it's not terribly complex.

(I'm not going to be making relay boards for anybody)

Something like this: