GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5th Annual Maroondah Dam Cruise/BBQ 12th Dec

TimT

Go Kart Champion
This is posted across a few forums but I thought id extend the invite to the guys here as well.

OK boys and girls with the warmer weather upon us its time to start organising this awesome annual event. I have pretty much copy and pasted from last years event because I think it worked well but feel free to discuss any alterations you think would be useful on the day. Also the date is tentative but the same weekend as we went last year.

If you only go to one cruise this year then this is the one to get out to!

WHEN
12th of December 2010

MEET POINT
Macdonalds car park. Cnr wellington rd and springvale rd Mulgrave
10:00AM Meet for breakfast or refueling at BP across the road with 10:30am sharp departure

WHY
So we can continue the tradition! This will be the 5th time we have run this event and each year it just gets bigger. Normally we get 20 - 30 VWs of all kinds.
I think last years cruise route was most excellent. Heading out towards gembrook and then up to warburton for a short break. Then on to do the spurs in reverse before meeting at the dam probably around 1PM-ish. People not wanting to take part in the cruise are also welcome to meet us at our final destination at Maroondah Reservoir for the BBQ.

WHAT TO BRING
-Yourself
-A UHF radio if you have one. I will bring mine and we will operate on a channel that we decide on the day. There is no mobile phone service in some of the areas we will be in so if you have one please bring it!
-Your car or a mate to drive you round for the day.
-Anything special that you want for lunch (I will bring some sausages a bottle or two of softdrink in an esky) There is a supermarket in healesville if anyone wants to quickly drive up the road and grab something there.
-A good attitude
-Digital Camera to capture the moment

Please make an effort to study the route below so if you miss a turn or get lost you can find your way back. (click on the map to open it in google maps)

Other Stuff
We normally set an "entertaining" pace whilst observing relevant speed limits. No doubt we will encounter police during this drive as we have in past years so its just not worth causing too much of a disturbance.

Please make an effort not to tailgate a slower driver. This will only end in tears
Some of the roads are quite narrow so care should be taken to stick to your side of the road.

If anyone wants to be a hero and drive carelessly then they can find someone else to cruise with. I know I dont want to be the one to scrape you off the road.

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
Dang...I got to send my family friends off to airport!!!

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
I'll be out of the jurisdiction so will have to pass

imtrbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Sadly, I am unable to attend, as I will be in Sydney that weekend. I missed the last cruise for the same reason as well! This is not good; I'm suffering from withdrawal!

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I'll have you know I'm currently dieting. I've already gone from from a big fat bastard to a moderately fat bastard. :happyanim:

Half a cheesecake will be fine. :drool:

PASHN8

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volkwagen Golf
Unfortunately we can't make it either due to work commitments :(

Have a ball and be safe guys!