GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canberra VW Owners Club, First Meet

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Hey Liam,

Your pics remind me I really, really need to get around to swapping out the mount on my intake.
God it looks awful... swear its off like a building site lol

Need to get me some chrome goodness :p

saad

Go Kart Champion
Its his wifes car

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Ohh okay, so the MkI is his VW play thing...

Yes, but without much play, haha. Fingers crossed the new distributor will be here tomorrow and I'll have it back by Friday or before. Sourcing parts for a 30 year old car is damn hard. Actually, the Mk1 turns 30 on Saturday, so it would be awesome to have it back then!

As Saad said we still have the Mk5 as well...

The Golf needs its BBS wheels back, too!

:thumbsup:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Nope, last model year run of the original 1600 8Vs (for GTIs anyway). So it has the earlier style interior, tail lights etc. Which makes it even harder to get parts. When MY81 changes took effect a lot of the mechanicals carried over into the first run of Mk2s.

saad

Go Kart Champion
was hard to capture but there was a lot of smoke!

Attachments

• smoking 1.jpg
    smoking 1.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 573
  • smoking 2.jpg
    smoking 2.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 599

saad

Go Kart Champion
Yeah i think by the time i got the camera, most of it was gon,e but it was lightly smoking for a good 10 mins

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Yeah was very hot for a good while there.
Damn that was fun though, can't wait for next time.

I will see what happens over the next few days with getting a website up and running, but I have now bought the domain cbrvwoc.org for us. Going to get the org.au also but need to register the ABN first.

Anyway, will let everyone know when I have something up and running in the next few days.

In the mean time, if anyone has any ideas for anything related to the group let me know and discuss... things like ideas for events / GTG's / cruise routes / shows / track days / organization etc.

Thanks,
Aaron.