GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How do the fogs look when they are on?

I meant to add and don't feel like editing... I believe the people that get a strong green tint are just not doing a good job of installing the film. Since it's pre-cut to go between the louvers, if you don't line it up just right, it's possible that more of the blue-ish light could leak out and make it a stronger green.

If I did it again, I'd order the universal sheets of Lamin-x and remove the fog housing to cover the entire lens.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How do the fogs look when they are on?

Following up on this... No real color adjustments on this. White balance was set to auto. only adjusted exposure and contrast a bit. Again, I can't see green properly, so I'm not the best judge of it haha.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I was planning on flipping it but hannah wants me to keep it and get rid of the golf since I complain about it so much. I'm going through the whole engine and replacing or improving alllllll of the common failures (balance shafts, cam chain tensioner, PCV, DV, thermostat, filter housing gasket, HPFP cover gasket). Head will be completely rebuilt and de-carboned so as long as I dont have a cam follower failure in the near future, it should be pretty bullet proof