GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU Problem?

WolfsburgRabbit

Car(s)
Volkswagen Rabbit
I have a 2008 VW Rabbit that I need to get inspected. It hasnt been run on the road (legally) in a long time, it has spent most of the passed couple years in the yard. I need to get it inspected, but I have a ton of dashboard lights on. I have a tune on the ECU that I was thinking might have something to do with the lights. My speedometer does not work and I lose fuel pressure whenever I accelerate. I dont want to take it to a garage and have them tell me that something different is wrong for every light.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I take it you have not had this car scanned for trouble codes yet. Try to find someone that can scan with Vcds or equivalent and see what Dtc you have. Was the battery checked or replaced? Has the car been driven at all on the road or just started in yard?

Last edited:

WolfsburgRabbit

Car(s)
Volkswagen Rabbit
I take it you have not had this car scanned for trouble codes yet. Try to find someone that can scan with Vcds or equivalent and see what Dtc you have. Was the battery checked or replaced? Has the car been driven at all the road or just started in yard?
I replaced the battery cuz the one I had in it when it was sitting in the yard wasnt good anymore. But those lights were on the dash before I replaced it. I havent drove it more than 10 miles in the passed year I kinda just drove it down my road to make sure everything was good until I got around to fixing it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Jaydenchew

I take it you have not had this car scanned for trouble codes yet. Try to find someone that can scan with Vcds or equivalent and see what Dtc you have. Was the battery checked or replaced? Has the car been driven at all on the road or just started in yard?

Hi, i’m not able to post a new Topic yet hence i post here. I need help for My 2008 Dec GTI MKV.

Sometimes the PRNDS flash and when i off the car and on back it’s ok.

And when the Tyre Pressure Monitor and ABS is on and Power Steering Light flash Yellow and Red, the ABS activates on it’s own and the car will jerk crazily when i am driving.

Can any master here help me with it?

Car just changed steering rack, steering sensor, abs pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk