GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior leds problem

stefhauk

Ready to race!
When i bought my car it had leds inside but the problem is its like they always have a little light on them unless i turn the light completely off if i switch them to the open door light so they light up when a door is opened they still light a little when i close the door but not as bright as it does when the door is opened its like a fated light that still glows.

So in some mornings when i have forgotten to turn it all off after leaving the car at nights the car is out of battery.

So im wondering are these led bulps some cheap shit or is there sometging else that could be wrong ?

and if its just some shitty bulps what brand would you recomend?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Are they dim even when the car is off?

The problem is probably because the bulbs are very low wattage. I had a similar issue with my previous set of bulbs. Your best bet is to buy a set of bulbs with resistors in them.

stefhauk

Ready to race!
Are they dim even when the car is off?

The problem is probably because the bulbs are very low wattage. I had a similar issue with my previous set of bulbs. Your best bet is to buy a set of bulbs with resistors in them.

Yes the are still dim when i have turned the car off and locked it.

ok i will check them out thanks :)

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Np.

If you have a set of standard incandescent bulbs, I would try those first to see if I'm right about the voltage. It's really strange that the bulbs are still on even when the car is off and locked.

Replace one bulb with an incandescent.

It's a known issue with LEDs that don't have the right value resistor installed. Most people do the middle bulb in the rear dome.

stefhauk

Ready to race!
Also im having problems with the battery i have a brand new battery but in like every 2-3 weeks my car is dead after he stood for some time but not more than 15 hours could this be becouse of shitty led bulbs ?

or is it something else.

hard to say.

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
Also im having problems with the battery i have a brand new battery but in like every 2-3 weeks my car is dead after he stood for some time but not more than 15 hours could this be becouse of shitty led bulbs ?

or is it something else.

Maybe test the battery?

Kinda on topic: I'm on my original battery (~5yrs old) and have had zero trouble. Got it tested recently because it was free and they said it was working great. I figured the battery should be degraded by now, and if not I was worried they'd try to bs me into getting a new battery. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know much about batteries :p