GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catch Can + Neuspeed Intake = loud idle

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Sounds like my belt lol. I also have a metal pinging sound coming from my alternator/intake manifold area

Tapatalkin

michail77

Go Kart Champion
There may be something to the differing sounds too. My valve looked completely different compared to the one shown in this photo from an old resurrected thread.

Mine:

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60428

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I have the pflo an cc an I was wondering what that noise was. Train whistle noise I get too if I boost in 6th at too low a speed. But only when the catch can is on. I'll have to take my car apart an rip shit out too lol

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Funny coming across this thread.. Just installed a BSH block off and was wondering about the "new" noise...

sent from the Time And Relative Dimension In Space

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
It's from the intake. And ya it was nice to find out what the noise was. When I installed my turboback the other day I was gonna do this but I jus wanted it done

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
If you pull the heat shield it takes two seconds. I didn't do it but I was looking at it. I spent 4 hours doing the exhaust and extracting and replacing the studs so I was just done

michail77

Go Kart Champion
I started taking off the heat shield. Two bolts and 2 screws came off rather easily. But then I found a couple more that felt rather serious, as if they were holding the back of the engine together. I wasn't sure if I should have messed with those.

But yes, no heat shield and the job would be much easier.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
It's the two big ones that threw me. I wasn't quite sure what they were holding on back there since I couldn't see. Both of the triple squares just came out by hand.

If those can easily come off I'd definitely recommend to do that first.