GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 5 Gti 6 Speed Transmission problem..

tusme

Hi All,

Need some advice, re, above problem...was driving along the motorway yesterday when trying to move on up to 6th gear and nothing happened, the engine was still running but the car eventually came to a halt...

The clutch peddle seems fine...none of the gears seems to work...I turned off the ignition, put the car into first gear and started it again, nothing happens...put it in reverse and started up, nothing...

Just wondering whether anyone has experience of this before I go about dropping the transmission..?
Thanks
T.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Hi All,

Need some advice, re, above problem...was driving along the motorway yesterday when trying to move on up to 6th gear and nothing happened, the engine was still running but the car eventually came to a halt...

The clutch peddle seems fine...none of the gears seems to work...I turned off the ignition, put the car into first gear and started it again, nothing happens...put it in reverse and started up, nothing...

Just wondering whether anyone has experience of this before I go about dropping the transmission..?
Thanks
T.

It helps if you provide the mileage on the car, but are you sure your clutch isn't blown? How many miles on the clutch?

nicholasn

Hi All,

Thanks
T.
Did it grind when you shifted into 6th gear?