GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buzzing noise related to HVAC system

Enduring Kaze

So, after I have finished repairing the rear hatch primary wiring harness that connects from the driver's side, I'm now in a situation where I want to start dealing with some other small issues with my car.

I'll get a buzzing/clicking noise that's not related to my car's HVAC fan from that system. It will activate anytime the system isn't in recirculate mode, and periodically after it calms down.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they did, how they fixed it.

Or if it's even worth fixing for the amount of work I'd be getting myself into.

It wouldn't be the first time I've gotten in over my head. That wiring harness repair was not easy.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
So, after I have finished repairing the rear hatch primary wiring harness that connects from the driver's side, I'm now in a situation where I want to start dealing with some other small issues with my car.

I'll get a buzzing/clicking noise that's not related to my car's HVAC fan from that system. It will activate anytime the system isn't in recirculate mode, and periodically after it calms down.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they did, how they fixed it.

Or if it's even worth fixing for the amount of work I'd be getting myself into.

It wouldn't be the first time I've gotten in over my head. That wiring harness repair was not easy.

So it not any of the other Flap Motor besides the recirculate motor?? Location of noise.

May want to take a look at the heat shield for exhaust recently a video was posted of what sounded like a flap motor issue and turned out to be the shield on the cat, the noise would change depending if in reverse or forward gears.

Enduring Kaze

So it not any of the other Flap Motor besides the recirculate motor?? Location of noise.

May want to take a look at the heat shield for exhaust recently a video was posted of what sounded like a flap motor issue and turned out to be the shield on the cat, the noise would change depending if in reverse or forward gears.

Definitely isn't exhaust. the noise occurs at ignition on, regardless of if the engine is on or off. It'll come back if I change it from interior to exterior air. How hard is that flap motor to get to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeTMad-67k4

Actually, that is exactly what's going on. I just looked up that video and the sound towards the end is the exact issue I'm having. Thanks for letting me know what I needed to look for.

Enduring Kaze

Sorry about the double post. Yes, the youtube video was the exact issue I was having. It's since been fixed. The job itself was simple, and had it not been for the aux jack in the glovebox, It would have been a 30 minute job, total. because I accidentally pulled the cable out of the plastic housing, I had to get that seated back into the housing. that pushed the job to an hour.

Overall, not a difficult repair and I'm kicking myself for not dealing with it sooner. It would have saved me a year or so of telling my car to "shut the F*** up" every time I turn the key.:lol: