GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What wheels fit over 17z calipers without a spacer?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
We have a single floating piston front caliper. I am interested in what wheel options there are for 17z brakes as they are the ones I have.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Looking for wheels that fit over them mostly. My current wheels should clear without a spacer but i would like options.

Also any reccomendation on pads and first hand accoints on pedal feel.

I know for a fact they didn't fit under my OEM Classix or Detroits, I ended up getting the Rotas I currently have and they cleared with plenty of room (17x9.5 et30). It really comes down to the spoke design of the wheel, flatter faces tend to be an issue.

I ran Brembo pads and the Merc rotors and like it. I didn't like the pedal travel though, upgrading to a R32 or even better the TTRS master cylinder solves that problem. It's fine and definitely stops, but you have to go pretty deep into the pedal to dig into the brakes.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Couldn't remember if they were single piston floating or dual. Didnt realize you already had the calipers

dubber2k

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to ask and resurrect the thread. Does anyone know if the OEM huffs will fit the 17z brembo kit without spacer or if I need a spacer how thick does it have to be?

Thank you

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Sorry to ask and resurrect the thread. Does anyone know if the OEM huffs will fit the 17z brembo kit without spacer or if I need a spacer how thick does it have to be?

Thank you

Need at least a 12mm.. I run a 15mm

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Search the web. I think there’s templates floating around you can print and then check against your setup.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Those are the best I have on my phone at the moment. The Serrons have the same offset as Huffs and the Austins differ by 2mm

dubber2k

Passed Driver's Ed
Those are the best I have on my phone at the moment. The Serrons have the same offset as Huffs and the Austins differ by 2mm

They look awesome! Thanks for showing me this, so with the Serrons you used 15mm spacer? Did you have any fender rubbing issues?

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Yes, 15mm. No rubbing with either set, but I do have my fenders rolled with fender screw mod..

dubber2k

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, 15mm. No rubbing with either set, but I do have my fenders rolled with fender screw mod..

Same here..I think the height is same as yours. Thanks again! Here's my current ride height setup, I use the huffs for winter so wanna make sure I won't run into an issue once I upgrade to the Brembo kit. [emoji106][emoji106]