GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

~Sold~ 2008 4-Door United Grey GTI, Manual - needs cylinder head & Timing chain- $3500 OBO

hillstrubl

Out driving Mieke...
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf GTI SE
~Sold~
2008 4-Door United Grey GTI, Manual - needs cylinder head & Timing chain- $3000 OBO

I'm the original owner from new. The car is located in NW Philly suburbs.

For sale is my 2008 MKV GTI with 100,502 miles on it, manual transmission, cloth/heated plaid seats.
The timing chain (+ guides) stretched and broke, taking out the valves/head but the bottom of the motor is unscathed as per both my local VW indy shop and a local dealer's service dept (wanted a 2nd opinion). Other than the car not running due to the aforementioned engine issue, there are no warning lights and everything works as it should.

The car JUST had new brakes put on it, new rear wheel bearings, 1 year old (maybe 8K) Michelin Pilot Super Sports on OEM 17's, Bluetooth OEM add-on to factory radio (ebay.de, VAG part), Euro headlight switch, enabled/swapped in rear fog lamp, swapped fog lamps to projectors with new Amber Nokya bulbs, FTP lights enabled. Trailer hitch in place (never towed with it, was used for a bike rack. Will provide interior and additional pics this week, wanted to first get it listed. German front plate NOT for sale. Everything works, car is in good shape, except the rear headliner has begun to sag around the rear domelight).

VAG-com changes that are in place:
-Rear fog enablement
-1-touch unlock
-activate coming home/leaving home
-fogs as DRLs instead of HIDs
-activate Flash-to-pass lights (the 2 halogen smaller headlights on the inside of the HID housing, now when I flash brights it uses those instead of HIDs)
-Leave fogs and Flash-to-pass lights on with high beams
-shut off seatbelt chime
-shut off washer fluid chime
-remote window/sunroof up/down (hit and hold appropriate button on key to use)
-enable emergency light flashing (when ABS sensor goes off the taillights flash like crazy instead of just staying bright red in an emergency stop)
-1 press hatch pop mod (had to change the struts + VAG-com to enable)

Feel free to ask questions or make offers!

Attachments

• GTI_2.jpg
    GTI_2.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 198
  • GTI_interior_5.jpg
    GTI_interior_5.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 159
  • GTI_interior_4.jpg
    GTI_interior_4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 151
  • GTI_interior_2.jpg
    GTI_interior_2.jpg