GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs C6 Corvette

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
i used to work at chevy & test drove c6 zo6, its so quick getting on the freeway!

My close friend has a C6 Z06. It's crazy when he's on the highway just cruising, the bi-mode flaps are closed and you can't hear anything, when it's opened above 3500rpms, mother of god. His car dynoed 648whp with bolt-ons and a 150 shot of nos.

slawmkv

Banned
I don't know if I truly believe this post.. considering they're about 380bhp stock..

not to mention you played the prick racer move of letting off when the opponent is hitting it's power band, good for you.

Last edited:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Really? ^
Let off when it was hitting power band? He said he let off when the corvettes front end dipped, meaning hit the brakes. Yeah they're 380hp... At the engine. redspades is around 380... At the wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Today I had a C6 behind me on my ass leaving town on two same direction lanes. He had to follow because I was passing slow cars in one of the lanes. When I got clear he pulled out from behind me and there was one curve coming up and then a good long straight. He got on it but I passed him through the curve. I looked back and he stayed at the distance he was at. I thought...should I attach my gopro to the moonroof and turn it on, but no...he didn't close the distance so I let it go. Right after that he flies by me and I floor it too but he probably has 3 or 4 cars on me. Within seconds I'm beside him but I have to shut it down as we are about to merge into one lane with another car ahead of me. We both go around it in his lane...me following him. Just ahead he slows to turn left and while he waits to turn...I pull to go around on his right. His passenger is rolling the window down as I do and sticks his hand out with the peace sign so I slow and stop right beside him and they both say "nice" and "fast car" and that sort. I just waved and replied "that was cool".

My cool C6 story from today's trip to Mexico :rolleyes:

Im thinking of getting a steering wheel off an MKV GTI, one without the paddle shifters, and was wondering if I could make the buttons on the wheel volume, skip, etc work with my stock stereo?