GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blower not running on 2008 GTI

Nobesycakes

"Tuna, No Crust"
So last night, drove car home from work, everything worked fine. Parked it in driveway overnight.

This morning got in to go to work, turn car on, turn on heat cause it's alittle below zero here in Canada, and nothing. The controls all work and light up, there's no error codes, and if i press the different Vent buttons (feet, front facing , and windshield) I can hear parts moving in the dash, but i'm getting no fan or heat from anywhere. Same with AC.

Car was at the dealer less then 3 days ago, passed a full VW diagnostic.

I'm kinda new to cars but have a strong computer backround, so looking for some help before i break down and take it to the dealer.

Thanks guys

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did you check the fuses? What did you scan with Generic scan tool is not going to help, You need to scan with Vcds or equivalent.

Nobesycakes

"Tuna, No Crust"
So quick update, life's kinda gotten in the way abit, as it's prone to do.

A few hours after posting this, went out to the car for what I was expecting to be a very cold and miserable ride to grab some lunch. Turned car on, blower works just fine, and hasn't given me any trouble since that morning. Been over a week now, and it's been working fine.

Still don't know what caused the issue, but I'm replacing cabin filter tomorrow so I'll look to see if there anything noticeable.

Thanks for the tips!

o.z.man

Ready to race!
Just Incase this happens again, I just had the exact thing happen to me and It was the load reduction relay number 460 under the dash left side. Replaced it and everything works perfect.