GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Codes p0089 and p2293

NC09gti

Hey y'all, today I started get random power loss/fuel cuts after driving for 2hrs on the hwy. It would loose power for a second then back to normal. It was 98°outside. It idles fine and did not though codes. I still plugged in obd2 reader and got 2 pending codes.

P0089 suction control valve stuck
P2293 Fuel pressure regulator 2 performance

Recent maintenance I've done:
Fuel filter 2mths ago
Spark plugs 1mth ago

06 GTI w/156k miles
My mods:
Since 96k miles-
K04 DM+tune
FBOs
Apr intercooler

Since 122k miles-(had to replace due to cam follower)
HPFP with autotech Hi-Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit

I can't find a definite answer on what the problem is after searching, could be Lpfp, n76 valve, coil packs, fuel filter or just the extreme heat. Any ideas?:iono:

Last edited:

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Hey y'all, today I started get random power loss/fuel cuts after driving for 2hrs on the hwy. It would loose power for a second then back to normal. It was 98°outside. It idles fine and did not though codes. I still plugged in obd2 reader and got 2 pending codes.

P0089 suction control valve stuck
P2293 Fuel pressure regulator 2 performance

Recent maintenance I've done:
Fuel filter 2mths ago
Spark plugs 1mth ago

06 GTI w/156k miles
My mods:
Since 96k miles-
K04 DM+tune
FBOs
Apr intercooler

Since 122k miles-(had to replace due to cam follower)
HPFP with autotech Hi-Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit

I can't find a definite answer on what the problem is after searching, could be Lpfp, n76 valve, coil packs, fuel filter or just the extreme heat. Any ideas?:iono:

Did you figure this out?

I had exact same issue today driving around in 105-115f heat. Left car to sit for hours until mall closed, then drove home without issue.

NC09gti

Did you figure this out?

I had exact same issue today driving around in 105-115f heat. Left car to sit for hours until mall closed, then drove home without issue.

It definitely was the heat. The lpfp control module gets overheated and causes fuel cuts. After research I found someone in this forum that sales extension harnesses for the module which should stop the fuel cuts.
Click the link

https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189901

I haven't fixed the module on my gti cause it's not my daily. Hope this helps

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
It definitely was the heat. The lpfp control module gets overheated and causes fuel cuts. After research I found someone in this forum that sales extension harnesses for the module which should stop the fuel cuts.

Click the link

https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189901

I haven't fixed the module on my gti cause it's not my daily. Hope this helps
Yeah I found his thread too. I ended up buying new pump and control harness (latest revisions) which seemed to fix my issue and let me continue/finish my trip around Arizona. New controller has a steel plate on one side, vs my old entirely encased plastic one. Which although it still gets hot, seems to disappate the heat well enough to prevent the cuts from happening. Debating ordering an extension still, but I am rarely in climates near that heat for the 12yrs I've had the car now, so new module is probably good enough for my situation.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk