GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A/C blowing HOT..Possibly Compressor Solenoid Valve?

aeronaticaa

Ready to race!
My A/C is blowing really hot, so I went to my local shop and bought an A/C recharge kit, unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue.

The RKX AC Compressor Control Solenoid Valve seems to be a popular replacement option and upgrade from OEM.

Can this be accessed from beneath the vehicle? Or does the A/C compressor need to be removed?

Any advice is appreciated.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Did you scan the Hvac for Dtc, compressor shutoff code? If you have climatronic use its built in diagnostic abilities if you do not have a scan tool. The AC Rcv is not an upgrade just a replacement that the factory does not sell. That valve can be checked and serviced but most just replace if that is the actual issue.

harp86

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK5 Golf GTI
Not saying you're forced to be this lucky but treated myself to VCDS and whilst doing a scan just because i could. I got a AC pressure sensor warning. Found it, re-seated it and AC is back, just in time for the heat wave here in the UK. I had previously put this to the back of my mind assuming it was something expensive like the compressor and even a replacement sensor isnt that much if the reseat hadn't worked. So defo get a scan if you can

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk