GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OG's thread, show us what you're in now.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
this thread of for all the og's(you know who you are)
Not sure if this will take off but would love to see what those that I'm not still in touch with(and those that I am) are driving all these years later.
It's thanks to you guys I got my car to where it is now. Made some good interweb friends over the years with tons of car knowledge along the way.
Pic of where my car is at today. Yup still here in the MKV and probably for a few more years to come.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,612

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI

Still MKV....might keep for another year or two max

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
this thread of for all the og's(you know who you are)
Not sure if this will take off but would love to see what those that I'm not still in touch with(and those that I am) are driving all these years later.
It's thanks to you guys I got my car to where it is now. Made some good interweb friends over the years with tons of car knowledge along the way.
Pic of where my car is at today. Yup still here in the MKV and probably for a few more years to come.

:wub::wub:

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I'll bite:

went from my 2009 MKV GTI --> 2011 WRX Limited --> 2012 Mustang GT --> 2015 MKVII GTI

I've had some pretty cool cars over the years but the GTI still fits the role of the multipurpose, fun to drive, economical daily driver the best. That's why I'm back into one...

Cars in question. All terrible cell phone pictures.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
That mustang :wub:

She ripped for sure, was a great car. Just tough justifying sitting in traffic over an hour a day clutching around and burning ~$400 a month in gas. New GTI is a DSG for a very specific reason.

There is NO doubt in my mind I will be back into another Mustang in the next few years, but right now it just isn't practical anymore.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
She ripped for sure, was a great car. Just tough justifying sitting in traffic over an hour a day clutching around and burning ~$400 a month in gas. New GTI is a DSG for a very specific reason.

There is NO doubt in my mind I will be back into another Mustang in the next few years, but right now it just isn't practical anymore.
I feel you man. Only makes sense.

I love me a 2015 mustang. I just wanna drive one. But for now my hearts still in STI mode. :/

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I love me a 2015 mustang. I just wanna drive one. But for now my hearts still in STI mode. :/

Yeah I stopped myself from test driving one, because I knew I would have bought it instead of being reasonable lol. They've come a lonnnng way.

See, my WRX was my least favorite car. I barely had it for over a year before I got rid of it. Maybe the STI would have sold me on it more, WRX was a fun car no doubt, but it lacked the refinement and driveability of the GTI and couldn't even come close to the LOL factor of a RWD V8.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Yeah I stopped myself from test driving one, because I knew I would have bought it instead of being reasonable lol. They've come a lonnnng way.

See, my WRX was my least favorite car. I barely had it for over a year before I got rid of it. Maybe the STI would have sold me on it more, WRX was a fun car no doubt, but it lacked the refinement and driveability of the GTI and couldn't even come close to the LOL factor of a RWD V8.
Ya, it's not much a refined car. But a stage 2+ STI is pretty fun. And numbers guys are getting on E85 350-360awhp and 420awtq-ish. No way that couldn't have been a good time.

Mine was a limited by the way, so it was a bit nicer than the base model subaru.

Although, I'm sure a mustang would put a bigger smile on my face. It's just hard to justify a rwd car with 400+ hp when it's snowing. That's a huge reason I like the thought of a subaru. Knowing that 99% of the time Id be fine driving in any winter condition.

And hands down STI>MKV GTI. GTI was fun, but at the end of the day. Meh.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Ya, it's not much a refined car. But a stage 2+ STI is pretty fun. And numbers guys are getting on E85 350-360awhp and 420awtq-ish. No way that couldn't have been a good time.

Mine was a limited by the way, so it was a bit nicer than the base model subaru.

Although, I'm sure a mustang would put a bigger smile on my face. It's just hard to justify a rwd car with 400+ hp when it's snowing. That's a huge reason I like the thought of a subaru. Knowing that 99% of the time Id be fine driving in any winter condition.

And hands down STI>MKV GTI. GTI was fun, but at the end of the day. Meh.

I hear ya, my WRX was a Limited and was Stg2+ (running a Torqued Performance Map), so it was certainly quicker than the GTI but obviously no where near as quick as a comparable STI. But even though it was a fancy spancy limited the interior plastics and the 'leather' didn't really do much for me. I just felt like it wasn't a huge step up from my GTI which was a significantly cheaper vehicle. Also, the WRX was a thirsty fucking pig, that bitch drank gas faster than the Mustang! (you're probably thinking then, well then why the fuck did you buy it!? I ask myself the same thing, should've kept the GTI. I think I was just tired of it at at the time, I should have went K04 and fell in love with it again)

I have an older Suburban that I use when it snows, so it wasn't a huge selling point for me but I absolutely understand why it would be if it is your one car, also in the year I owned it we had a totally dry winter, snowed like 1/2 " the entire fucking time which was lame as fuck lol.

For me (so far) it's MK7 > Mustang > MK5 > WRX

Mustang is an absolute blast to drive, the brute force behind that car and the sound when I had full exhaust and everything, hnnnnnnnnnnnng. But it's nice to be able to get into a car with all the tech. Maybe I'm just old and boring now.