GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gti mk5 smoking blue - missfire

I had some problem with my gti and is smoking really bad, and is missfiring, things I replaced was head gasket, pcv block with oil catch can, valve cover (I saw them with a lot of oil) some more gaskets, at first I thought was my turbo, because I saw smoke coming from there, I replaced it and the smoke was still there and then It started to do missifre, now some of you might call me dumb but I bought a new ECU from a guy I saw tunes a lot of audi's, mostly s4, and after 4 days it started to do that, he told me the tune makes me run 18-21 psi, and I also just found out that hpfp needs to be upgraded with the APR STAGE 2+ which makes you run same psi, and when we got done the car my brother says that It kinda smells like fuel, Im really desperate to fix the problem, almost 2 months without being able to drive that car

vwengineer

Ready to race!
If it smokes blue then it burns oil, get compression checked. The misfires may or may not come from your tune (especially if you don't have the correct HPFP). Do you still have the original ECU to test?

the compression test was low on cyl 1, getting like 110 and rest was on 190, and we're pretty sure it's piston rings, I already have the engine on the lift, and we will see if pistons are bad too, the walls on the cylinders and just a quick checks more on transmission parts that also save me time by doing all of this, because it looks like it was about to start leaking, the leak it had was really minimun, so couldnt tell whenever i was doing the oil changes, but with all the trans out I was able to see that, also thanks for the help

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
the compression test was low on cyl 1, getting like 110 and rest was on 190, and we're pretty sure it's piston rings, I already have the engine on the lift, and we will see if pistons are bad too, the walls on the cylinders and just a quick checks more on transmission parts that also save me time by doing all of this, because it looks like it was about to start leaking, the leak it had was really minimun, so couldnt tell whenever i was doing the oil changes, but with all the trans out I was able to see that, also thanks for the help

Is oil filling up in that cylinder? Coating the plug & messing with spark?