GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just a few shots after a detail

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
Like the title implies...

Engine bay looks pretty good, after that oil leak!

YAYO

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Fahrenheit
Fahrenheit looks good, I posted mine a few threads up... engine bay could use a bit more detail but I am picky when it comes to detailing... other than that looks great!

Greg,

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
I prefer function over form. Putting a car on the ground kinda defeats the purpose of owning a car. Tell me two performance gains fom laying a car on its rims.

In time I may do at most a 1/2" drop, but only for performance reasons. Dont know if you noticed, but looks are not my concern, go before show... fuck moar low.

YAYO

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Fahrenheit
I prefer function over form. Putting a car on the ground kinda defeats the purpose of owning a car. Tell me two performance gains fom laying a car on its rims.

In time I may do at most a 1/2" drop, but only for performance reasons. Dont know if you noticed, but looks are not my concern, go before show... fuck moar low.

Now I am no racer car driver but I think these two are good enough?...

1. less air getting caught under the car at high speeds (downforce I believe?)
2. less wheel hop

Sorry but in all honesty I lowered my car with intensions of getting the "slammed" looked and ended up having better performance... call me crazy but I felt a difference in the two things I posted above... hope that is a good enough answer.

GRiN

:D
Car(s)
09 Rabbit
3. lower center of gravity
4. while the stock suspension is sporty, it's definitely not as good as some stiff coilovers.
5. less body roll
6. faster rebound, improves skid pad times/force
7. because racecar

granted, slamming the car to the ground (23-24" FTG) is not the best for performance, but there is a reason why all sports cars are lower than our stock golfs/gtis

Renagade

I am the Evil Bastard!!
3. lower center of gravity
4. while the stock suspension is sporty, it's definitely not as good as some stiff coilovers.
5. less body roll
6. faster rebound, improves skid pad times/force
7. because racecar
granted, slamming the car to the ground (23-24" FTG) is not the best for performance, but there is a reason why all sports cars are lower than our stock golfs/gtis

lol. I agree that a slightly lower setup is ideal... I just dont understand why dumping the cars fenders onto a rim makes any damned sense.

This just looks retarded to me. (not my picture!!!) My opinion, but I just laugh at this