GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any DIY for replacing N75 solenoid?

freshslate

Constant
I've literally been searching for 2 months now and still haven't been able to find a DIY or anything close to a DIY in how to replace the N75 valve on our cars... So can anyone point me in the right direction and show me a DIY or have a step by step on how to replace this N75? I've been under the car, and I can't seem to pinpoint it's exact location on the turbo. Pics would help greatly....

Some might ask my I want to replace N75? well I've been having a low boost CEL every time I try to pass someone on a hill on the highway. P0299 is thrown every time the CEL turns of. I've noticed a loss in power and loss in turbo spool as well.

Thanks for the help guys

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Pic of the valve:

Pic of it on the turbo:

Replacement is fairly straight forward, unplug electrical connector, remove two mounting bolts and remove hoses. The clamps on the hoses are not reusable so you will want to pick up some small hose clamps as replacements. Also, the nipples on the valve get brittle with age so dont be surprised if one or two break off when trying to remove them from the hose

freshslate

Constant
thanks eric, really appreciate it.

so when coming at it from under the car, how easy is it to access this valve? i haven't looked under the car in a while and it's raining here today… but i've looked a few times before and had trouble finding that valve.

would you recommend i remove anything to be able to get at it? it looks like T20 torx and thats about it

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I've heard removing the coolant expansion globe and timing belt cover makes it easier.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
thanks eric, really appreciate it.

so when coming at it from under the car, how easy is it to access this valve? i haven't looked under the car in a while and it's raining here today… but i've looked a few times before and had trouble finding that valve.

would you recommend i remove anything to be able to get at it? it looks like T20 torx and thats about it

It's not super hard to get to but it's not super easy either. Torx bit on a ratchet and pliers/side cuts will do the job

I've heard removing the coolant expansion globe and timing belt cover makes it easier.

You heard wrong. Coolant globe isn't even close to it, timing belt cover won't be coming off unless you're taking off the crank pulley and passenger side engine mount bracket

Tutti57

Ready to race!
It might be easier to approach parts of the task from above. It was easier for me to unhook the connections from the top.