GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Pressure Fuel Pump Rebuild

Doyouevengolf

Car(s)
2008 MKV GTI
This will be my first post on the forum and I am new to the VW scene so hi! Unfortunately I am posting because the MKV GTI I just purchased had a cam follower failure :barf: which damaged the pump so I need some advice on a rebuild kit for the hpfp. I wanted to go ahead and get an upgraded rebuild kit in hopes that I will go stage 2+ someday.. My friend who used to own a MKV recommended the below kit and i cannot find any other reviews. Anyone have any suggestions or know if this one is a solid option?

https://jhmotorsports.com/products/...nKUYdBlAs2fUNEARVo31B25gKTvHolZjen123fJqSP1_4

Thanks!

NC09gti

Autotech makes a rebuild kit. I got 35k miles on the kit with no problems. Most on this forum will say get he apr hpfp, but for $1000 it's not worth it imo.

Doyouevengolf

Car(s)
2008 MKV GTI
Thanks for the input. For $1000 I could convert to the updated tsi fuel pump and have some $ left over! I'm going with the JHM, hopefully I have some good news later this week once everything is back in working order.

Doyouevengolf

Car(s)
2008 MKV GTI
So far so good,super easy to re-build. Put about 1,000 miles on it with no issues. Not sure when the stage 2+ will happen, but it looks like my pump is ready to handle it when I do.